Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

Katy

"... and fans are threatening to stop watching."

Then let them stop watching. Clearly, it is more important for them to stand up for an ******* who sexually harasses his co-workers than to stand up for the people he is harassing.

sketh

I liked MM and think he is a very good actor, probably the best on Y&R. But, he has been very volatile on Twitter, engaging co-workers in petty tussles. Many have questioned his stability due to his actions on Twitter. Several co-workers made the comment that the whole story was not out and while it was sad, there was nothing else that could be done. I do not doubt this story. Think it is time for him to look for a new line of work....I'm sure Y&R let this story out to crush the "Save Muhney" campaign.

STAYCLASSYSANDIEGO

Oh no, 10 whackjobs are gonna stop watching their show if they don't keep a sexual predator on staff

Unbroken Chain

I would be shocked if anyone has any idea who this guy is. I guess that's good news that there is no major bad news to report out there, so they had to find some type of news story.

Gretel

Uh oh. I remember when my sibs and I were little that was the one soap my mother sat down to watch every single day. If things were too hot she'd make us leave the room, haha. Actors are replaced on soaps all the time and everyone ends up getting used to them so it won't be that big a deal in the long run. If he really thinks he can grope anyone he cares to maybe a good knee in the nuts would have been a good thing. There are hundreds of good actors waiting for a break. I hope a good one gets his role. Buh bye.

Lola

I can't believe some of the comments below... Blaming the victim, really? She hasnt even released one statement yet and you 10 psycho MM stans already blame her? How sad. It looks like MM is a creep just like his character on Y&R. I lost all my respect to ALL the actors who supported him. Sharon Case and Melissa Claire Egan especially. I get that they probably wanted to please the Sharon/Adam and Chelsea/Adam stans but seriously?!... Lots of dirt going on backstage at Y&R! I wonder how Muhney's wife is feeling right now...This must be terrible for her and Hunter Hailey King.

zombie

Where does TMZ get their facts from? He is NOT a popular character on the show and there is no one threatening to quit watching the show. He has only been on a handful of years and his character is universally hated. Do some fact checking for a change.

mooremel

I don't believe this bull crap for one minute! Things will never be the same for either of them because he will have a bad rep and she will always be looked at as a trouble maker why didn't she get fired also? #TeamMichealMuhney

KATHLEEN WILLIS

I don't believe known of this ..Not one word bring Michael back!!

mooremel

Michael Muhney has a lot of fans and is a fan favorite Y&R will be going down for this they need to fire her also before she claims that someone else fondled her breasts!

Mary

This situation is unbelievable. Literally. Fans know Michael better than that, and the truth will prevail. Michael is a phenomenal actor, loved his job, and never would've risked it over this ridiculousness. Jealousy prevails on the YR set, and many actors must be glad he's gone, but fans are absolutely heartbroken. Love you, Michael!

nick

If she put him in his place the first time around hw would not have done itthe second time

KATHLEEN WILLIS

I don't believe this for one minute....Bring Michael Back!!

mooremel

Why would he want to harass Hunter King anyway? She doesn't hold a candle to his wife!

wiser

I don't believe this and Michael Muhney should sue you for reporting this. His sister said it's not true