Octomom

Charged with Felony Welfare Fraud

1/13/2014 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0113_octomom_tmz
Octomom has just been charged with 3 felony counts of welfare fraud and now faces more than 5 years in prison if convicted on all counts, TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office filed the charges, including 1 count of aid by misrepresentation, and 2 counts of perjury by false application for aid. The D.A. claims Octomom -- real name Nadya Suleman -- failed to report nearly $30,000 in earnings between January 1-June 30, 2013.

Octo is accused of failing to disclose income between January and June of 2013 -- specifically, money that she got from personal appearances and residuals from videos.  TMZ knows ... the video in question is a masturbation video.

The D.A. is asking the judge to set bail at $25,000.

i0milesniper

how how about the other millions of people in America?

robertaruth

All these "holier than thou" and other nasty comments -- are as disturbing as this story, and does not speak well for the people posting on it.

How sad that this is considered entertainment news, as it has been since the birth of these children and the hounds and vultures that followed up and made it into a circus..

Furthermore, I doubt that those with with the most disgusting and judgmental comments are leading any sort of exemplary life themselves.

robertaruth

Although I'm not condoning this woman's life choices, all these "holier than thou" and other nasty comments -- are as disturbing as the story itself, and do not speak well of the people posting on it.

1saint.andrew

Cage this animal

merle

Well 14 kids added to the welfare orphanage system. I feel sorry for them. I hope their brains aren't totally destroyed by this womans' behavior. Take them away permanently and give them a chance of a normal life. Hopefully her tubes are tied.

Ann McDonald

The saddst thing of all is if that family is splip up, it will scar those children for life. I know. I had 5 siblings and we were taken by the state. I lost the bond between myself and my siblings. We were sent every which way. It has caused me a lifetime of emotional issues and relationship trust problems etc. The children always suffer... smh

Your S&M Girlfriend

While they're at it maybe they can get the bitch for fradulent gaining of student loans that she took out for her impregnation procedures. Master's degree ... yeah right. I doubt if she even made it through junior college. I have to pay every cent of my student loans and probably some for hers too. Taking her out of the equation is probably the best thing that can happen to her younger children. The older ones are already doomed.

Heidi

This woman is in print every few months for something, however, nothiing ever happens & it won't this time either......

jeannie

What she did is so wrong but how many people are wanting revenge because of TMZ stories ? The state is going to be paying for those kids until they turn 18 regardless of what happens to her. How many celebrities have been in the news for not paying taxes ? I don't have a lot of respect for her but send all tax evaders to jail l or leave them all alone.

seymour

porky pig

Bagheera

Don't worry, she can afford the bail with the millions in anonymous donations she has received.

Justsay Nohan

Yes! Between this and ROL's proof of Farrah's lies, it's shaping up to be a good day.

tom morrison

The shame of whole fiasco is that eight children were brought into this world, just to give this woman an income based solely on the publicity she expected to get having those children. They were her cash cows and thank god, she fell far short in her goal. Unfortunately, these children must live with that. I hope that they are taken away from her and put somewhere, where they will get love and caring.

Dmitry

Who didn't see that coming

Shirley

you people got everything smart to say when a person is on welfare and not working now that this person did work everybody got something smart to say get a grip on yourselves if you are so jealous of people on welfare and having kids go apply for welfare yourselves and have your own kids then you would have nothing to be jeealous about anymore