James Cameron

My Billions Are Safe

Wins 'Avatar' Theft Case

1/20/2014 11:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0120_james_cameron_avatar_tmz
James Cameron is not a script-stealing thief ... and does NOT have to pay billions of dollars from "Avatar" profits ... because he just won a HUGE lawsuit, TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... science fiction writer Bryant Moore sued Cameron for $2.5 billion back in 2011 -- claiming he had come up with the basic premise behind "Avatar" ... and Cameron jacked it.

Now, according to court docs a federal judge just shut down Moore's suit ... saying the plots of his projects were "palpably different" from "Avatar."

The judge also said the similarities that do exist -- sci-fi with a love story -- are too vague to be protected.

Bottom line ... Moore isn't getting his hands on any of the $2.78 billion "Avatar" made worldwide.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Now he can focus on being a s***bag who cheats on his wives

static

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

KrissyL47

Fern Gully?

nof

MORE James Cameron's = FEWER Nuisance Suits.

Nice to see Hollywood fighting back.

nof

Dude, next time?

Go after someone NOT named James Cameron.

nof

...right after Cameron swiped...

... TITANIC/TERMINATOR from him.

me

Such a stupid lawsuit. Everyone knows he stole it from Pocahontas, not Fern Gully.

Truth is

Show me a rich man and I'll show you a criminal

Timmy Boy

Let me get this straight. So the guy was suing for ALLL the proficts generated by the film. Bwahhh hah hah...
Greedy SOB

Kristinajp

Lol....pretty much every type of movie has a love story attached to it. How do you think guys get their women to go to some of these stupid movies? As much as I love movies it's getting to the point that the political left brain washing is so obvious I've been disgusted on too many occasions leaving the theater these days. This movie especially....I would he walked out had I been alone. The whole idea of the bad guys invading their country for their precious energy source was too close to the whole Bush invading Iraq not because saddam was an evil person but because we wanted their precious oil. BS. I AM SO SICK OF THIS crap. Last week on Criminal Minds evidently your an atheist if you read Ayn Rand books. Well I'm no atheist and I love Atlas Shrugged, I'm against big government and over taxation. ..the little people who pay all these inflated prices on their groceries and gases, they can barely afford to feed their kids yet this administration says they are only taxing the rich. Just an Fyi. ..If you took every can't the rich had total it wouldn't run this government even a week. You all fools, they are using you for your vote just to get power and you let them. Education is the best thing you can do learn from history, and me sure you buy books that are at least 10 yrs old.

pattycake

dirty wealth hoarder..stfu.. disgusting

JuanRambo

$2.5 Billion? Seriously... Lol

I'm a lawyer!!

Why not ask for $22 Gazillion?!?!?!?!

DrTyrell

Now he needs to pay off the Doctor Who writers for the episode KINDA. That's where the script and entire concept came from. Look it up "Avatar Kinda."

Pure Evil

Greatest action director of all time.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments