Trace Adkins

Strung Out in Rehab

1/27/2014 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0127-trace-adkins-facebook
Rehabbing country singer Trace Adkins is back under the influence ... of music -- TMZ has learned, he just bought a sweet new guitar in Florida to write music as part of his treatment.

As we reported, Trace fell off the wagon earlier this month on a country music cruise after 12 years of sobriety -- drunkenly confronting a Trace Adkins impersonator ... and quickly got himself into a treatment facility.

Sources tell us, Trace is currently enrolled in a Florida rehab center ... and his therapist encouraged him to keep writing songs in order to stay focused on positive things.

We're told Trace thought it was a great idea ... and on Saturday, he was escorted by rehab employees to a music store in Lake Worth, FL ... to purchase a used Martin guitar for $1,100.

Rehab never sounded so good.

0121_trace_adkins_confronts_impersonator_footer

myliverhurts

What's Bieber doing?

billybob

I bet that his impersonator is in the treatment facility right now and he's boozing like no tomorrow meanwhile . . .

EFB2826

A drunk redneck.....lol!!!!!!

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Alcoholism is a choice.

Clytemnestra

Twelve years. I have great sympathy for alcoholics(as long as they're not behind the wheel). To go for years without a drink and one slip and you can be right back to square one. Scary disease that has ruined countless lives. Best of luck, Trace.

JBL

Who cares about Trace anymore? I want to see some new stories about the impersonator personally. The impersonator is great!

Tfig

I have been a Trace fan for many years. While not happy to see him off the wagon, he gets props for getting help immediately.

Carl

I get the feeling like he is actually in rehab for the right reason and is trying to get better. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels more real to me than the typical celebrity rehab which is generally a publicity stunt.

Kelly

I hate Trace Adkins.

She's baaaack

I didn't realize he had been sober for 12 years. That's pretty much of a bummer. I'll reserve my usual snarky comments because now it's more sad than it is fun, after finding out he was sober for that long. Oh well ... never listened to him anyway.

INTHEZONE

I have to be drunk to write country songs

Frosticles

Never heard of him. A Nobody! So what?

SazzyTMZ

Way to go Trace! He sought help immediately and didn't let alcoholism drag him and his family down! Looking forward to some new song that will result from this rehab technique.

spock

he has a girl's name ha ha

DirkDiggler

Country singers are all raging alcoholics.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments