The Game

I Was Pulled Over Because I'm Black!

2/7/2014 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0207-the-game-copsPolice just pulled over rapper The Game in L.A. and searched his brand new Rolls Royce -- and Game is NOT happy ... claiming he was nabbed for DWB -- Driving While Black.

Game tells TMZ, police pulled him over for talking on his cellphone ... but he insists he wasn't. Game says he was ordered out of the car and police searched it without permission.

Game says officers were blunt  ... if he didn't let them search the car, they'd arrest him.

According to the rapper, once all was said and done -- and the officers came up empty -- they cited him for expired tags and impounded the Rolls.

Our cop sources insist it had nothing to do with race -- claiming Game WAS a cell phone scofflaw  ... and the search was a matter of protocol before impounding the car.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Christina G.

Yikes!

Wow ...

That is what Eva said, she was pulled over and ticked for DWB too. Come on people, take responsibility for your failure to follow the law. Don't blame cops for doing their job.

When I was ticketed it wasn't their fault. It was MINE for failing as a driver to obey traffic laws. My bad - not theirs!

William Foresman

GMAFB, that's a load of crap. Driving while black is BS!

OH NO!

The truth hurts.

Bob

Oh please, pulling over black guys is simply good business. In the very rare cases where you don't find weapons or drugs you can at least count on expired registration and a suspended license.

david_r

Actually he can't allow them to search his car without a warrant.

Skywalker

how many times is tmz gonna put up a headline like this?

RROD45

I wonder why they would impound his car if it was just for expired tags they usually just give you a "fix it" ticket and a ticket for the cell phone.

Just Steve

If your not black...dont say that dwb is bs. I got pulled over and searched because "the police officer couldn't see my license plate". You know what I told them??? Nothing because my black ass didn't want to get arrested. You made the right choice game, smarter than I thought.

Susan62509

It takes police approx. 10 seconds to run your plates through their computer WHEN THEY ARE TAILING (prior to be pulled over) to determine if license and registration are up to date, if car is stolen, etc.

taz

So if he was stopped for being black, I guess Eva Mendes was stopped for being Latina? Cheer up Game, maybe they stopped you cause they thought you were hot :)

Mumra the Ever Living

No doubt the cops were wrong about the expired tags too.

myopinion

Game is right...They saw a Black man looking like a thug driving an expensive car and pulled him over...SMH...they did not have to impound the car for expired registration a ticket would have been sufficient...That's what they do when your tags are expired! DAMN SHAME.

Black Adam

And he claims to be a thug. I'm sick of these fake rappers, if he was what he proclaimed to be he would not have let them search the car without putting up a fight. The race card has been used by so many ignorant negroes that White people just laugh at it now. Good going Black people, you have undone over 300 years of hard work.

kuz