Shayne Lamas

in a Coma

Loses Baby

2/10/2014 11:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0210-shayne-lamas-tmz
update_graphic_red_bar
UPDATE:  2:23 PM PT ... Shayne's husband, Nik Richie, just went on the record with TMZ, telling us, "Shayne had a life-saving emergency surgery.  She is on a ventilator system and is in a sedation-induced coma.  Her vital signs are now currently stable."
update_grey_gray_bar
Tragedy has struck the Lamas family -- Lorenzo Lamas' daughter Shayne (famous for her stint on "The Bachelor") has just lost her baby from a freak pregnancy complication ... and she's in a coma.

TMZ broke the story last month -- Shayne and her husband Nik Richie (founder of TheDirty.com) were pregnant with their second child.  Shayne was 16 weeks along.

But Sunday, at 7:35pm, law enforcement sources tell us paramedics were called and rushed to Nik and Shayne's OC home after Shayne collapsed. She was taken to the hospital.

When Shayne arrived, doctors determined she was bleeding internally around her uterus and the situation was dire.  Doctors were stumped and brought in specialists to figure out what was causing the bleeding.

Shayne lost the unborn child during surgery.

We're told Shayne is currently in a coma and not breathing on her own.  Doctors are optimistic about her recovery.

Nik and Shayne's dad Lorenzo are by her side.

022114_llamas_richie_tmzlive_launch_v4

palermo

Very sad, hope she makes a good recovery

Champagne Jayne

Pray that you come out of this coma soon........this is so sad.

JR

So sad, thoughts and prayers to the family.

MannysGrammy

Here's what Nik posted on his site~

I’m going to take some personal days off from the blogging world. Unfortunate things happen to good people. I’m not the best person in the world, but I love my wife and my family. Shayne is my good person. She is my support and my smile. I found you and I never want to let you go. We will overcome. Us 3.- nik

CathyJ

She is in my prayers. And....WE were not pregnant, she was. Oh how I hate the new terminology that "we are pregnant!."

LightJ

OMg, I feel so horrible for her and to lose a baby?? How tragic. I hope she at least pulls through and has people to help her through such a sad time. :( <3

kitnplayn

That's called BAD KARMA.

Kitty Pussy Cat

Prayers to the Lamas family. I hope this woman pulls thru okay and survives this entire ordeal. Very sad for their loss. Regardless of how horrible the father is, the child is innocent.

marisa

So per People.com you should update your story, because she is not in a coma..

sean86vegas

NOT IN COMA!

elena

I am truly sorry for their loss. Pregnancy is so risky and people take for granted all that can possibly go wrong. I hope she recovers fully, it will be hard to get past the emotional toll.

August

This is what she gets when she married a STREET-GUTTER ALCOHOLIC with defective alcoholic sperm.

Black Adam

The baby channeled it's Grandfathers secret Asian Fetal Kick and destroyed her Uterine wall.

decimoq

I remember them David Tutera's show. I love them! So sad.

DirkDiggler

And now the Dalai Lama has no heir.