Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

boz

His cat *did* just die. It was one of the props on the table and someone had just chosen it and dispatched it during his audience with TheBeef.

marmar

HE NEED SOME HELP.

Jackie

He's a Gemini....so perhaps his evil twin is out trying to get him nuts.

ColiePolie

Something tells me that the bubble Disney puts around these kids is off....that or the only other explanation is there is a "when youre done with Disney you must become an asshat" clause we havent discovered yet.

joel

bipolar

EarthAngel

Joaquin Phoenix 2.0

alex

Totally nutting up

Chris Chung

Shia Labouf is mimicking Lars von Trier, who is mimicking Jørgen Leth. Kind of obvious, looking at the photo. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/The_Five_Obstructions.jpg

robertwb3

I think we have some ISSUES here

GJ

Man, I hope he gets some help. He is a great actor and people should cut him some slack. I've loved him SINSE holes and love all his movies.

spader

Who is "TMZ STAFF"? Stop saying "I" if you refuse to sign your work.

LetsBeReAL

Give him a break. He didn't give some guy credit. He learned his mistakes and won't ever do it again. Let him live. And, people need to get over it and let him act which is what he likes to do.

DiM

He just took a shi.te load of downers.
I don't think this is psychosis like Bynes and Spears had. Not to say that he isn't dealing with mental illness.

sadie

I love the line "like his cat just died" hilarious! And yes, Mr. LaBeouf needs some help. Seems like he is having a nervous breakdown.

intrigued

What the heck is he going through? I've seen him before and seemed like a normal, nice person.