Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

oh really

according to Roger Friedman , he has this planned for well over a month...this is not some spur of the moment move.

LMFAO

I think what he is doing is brilliant. It's very Abstract.
The Paper Bag, And now the Art Show. In my opinion he is tapping into a reality that is reminiscent of Warhol or Basquiat,

I bet his next film performance blows your socks off.
Keep going Shia i believe in you as a person and an Artist.

taz

Somebody get him some help before he OD's.

Jameson

It's called trolling you ****ing idiots. Quit acting like you're new, or that this is news. He's trolling the world for his own entertainment, get over it.

Spunky Funk

He's skinny, way too young and he stated that he wanted to be with his own mother but I STILL find this guy attractive. I dunno.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Lmfao ! This art display is brilliant, funny, sad and pathetic all at the same time. Someone put this schlimazel out of his poor misery already.

JA

Another talent young actor burning out. Somebody has in industry that makes money off of them should be some kind support system for these young people before it happens. Many of my former employers had them.

DrTyrell

Yeah Joaquin Phoenix tried this. It didn't work out so well.

static

Poor baby rich successful while millions struggle every day to make ends meet fighting foreclosure and hold together families nobody wants to hear about your problems you POS 1%er.

Mary

Is there a point to this story? No? I didn't think so.

CremeBrulee

The only thing missing from that table is an Easy Bake Oven and My Little Pony.

Zombie Whitney Houston

The guy is losing it. I normally don't buy into celebrity break downs but with this guy, I totally do. He needs to get some help ASAP or I could see him doing harm to himself or even other people. Maybe all the meth he's done over the years has screwed up his brain or something.

MrHarryBawls2016

I have about as much time for this azz hat as lindsay lohan spends resting before snorting another line.

Hey LaBeef-your 15 minutes are up and you can suck a fart out of my azz....damn spunk trumpet.

Jdest

I never used to like him, but this is hilarious

Lynn317

He should have hung a sign around his neck that said
"I am poster child for a 5150"