Selena Gomez

Back to Boozing

After Rehab Stint

2/17/2014 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_selena_gomez_drinking_twitterSelena Gomez is hitting the bottle hard after bailing from rehab just weeks ago.

Selena proudly re-embraced alcohol by posting this happy hour selfie on Instagram.  We've confirmed there's booze beneath that whipped cream.

TMZ previously reported ... Selena checked into The Meadows last month to rid herself of alcohol, weed and Ambien ... and Justin Bieber.  She bailed 2 weeks into the 45-day program to go to Sundance and then said she was cured so she didn't need to return.

Selena's rep claims she's got no problems handling her liquor.  But when you're calling your cocktails "dessert before dinner" ... you may want to think about the next 12 steps.

0205_selena_gomez_through_years_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

aj093

ohh yess one drink and you're an alcoholic. welp i guess i'm an alcoholic to then hahaa.

aj093

ohh yes one drink and you're an alcoholic. welp i guess you might call me one to hahaa.

Kaila

Slow news day? I mean, come on TMZ. Cause we've definitely seen Selena falling over drunk, and being crazy... NOT! Hello! She's a lady. Justin didn't affect her. I Love them both, but Selena's a women now, and doesn't need her childish relationships to haunt her for the rest of her life. And she can drink if she wants to. She's 21, and she isn't going crazy. She's got complete control of herself. I applaud this girl for not loosing it because of her relationships, drinking, or rumors like this. You go girl!

ShutUpItsMe

Oh c'mon TMZ, are you ****ing serious? I'm following Gomez's career since I found her on Disney. I have to admit that she doesn't have too talent to sing, but she's an amazing actress. I watched tons of her interviews, videos, pictures, posts and other stuff since she was 14. Now she's 21 and this girl is one of the best role models from Disney, tbh. A down to earth girl. Her worst "movement" was to date Bieber. They have been friends since 2008, way before Bieber became famous and I think they shouldn't have dated.

Anyway, I saw this girl while she was growing up and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have alcohol problems. If I drink a ****tail before dinner or after, then am I an alcoholic? Really? Have I a problem and I need rehab? Yeah, because no one of you has drank alcohol when you were 21 (legal age in USA).

Has Selena been in a rehab center because of emotional problems after Bieber?
I believe that.

Has Selena been in a rehab center because of a pot addiction?
Hard to believe this about her but almost everyone in USA smokes weed, so it's possible.

Has Selena been in a rehab center because of an alcohol addiction?
I don't think so at all.

ladyoflzur

She's a kid so I'll refrain.

Yakk420

All she is doing is living the AMERICAN DREAM...Just like Lindsay Lohan and all the rest alike. Sad to see that but it is expected in life in America.

Elma Sherry

well written shows the reality...
Regards: