Andrew Garfield

I Didn't Bail on Batkid!!!

Oscars Cut Us Both

3/6/2014 1:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_andrew_garfield_batboy_tmz_wm_2
Andrew Garfield
is blaming Oscars producers for devastating 5-year-old Batkid -- whose surprise Academy Awards appearance with the "Spider-Man" star was 86d at the last minute -- insisting he's not the one who bailed on the boy.

There are reports Garfield threw a tantrum when producers rejected the script he wrote for the presentation -- and left 5-year-old Miles Scott high and dry -- but reps for the actor tell us, it's not true.

The reps say Garfield DID contribute to the presentation script, but he had nothing to do with the segment getting yanked from the broadcast.

They say Garfield and Scott did the dress rehearsal Saturday without a hitch -- it was a real tearjerker too -- but hours later, Garfield was informed via email that the piece didn't fit with the tone of the show ... and therefore had to be cut.

To make it up to Batkid -- who was understandably bummed -- we're told Garfield accompanied him to Disneyland on Monday ... and even conducted a mini Oscars ceremony in Scott's hotel room (tuxes and all).

Zach

Andrew Garfield is as classy as they come!

fandinomia

Yea and having ellen interupt the show for 7 minutes to hand out pizza to "make the celebs look human" was better material.. it did match the tone of how shi**y the oscars was. Respect to andrew for being there for the kid. Not a lot of these d bag celebs would have went out of their way to do what he did.

sharpie

What an awesome dude!

Danielle

This would have made the Oscars worth watching… Ellen was such a huge let down

makeawishmom

I can't believe some of these comments..First off...SHAME ON THE ACADEMY...2nd...Miles is in remission, the cancer could come back...Praying that it doesnt....For those of you that are "TIRED" of hearing about Batkid..DON'T CLICK ON THE STORY...I pray you never have a child with a life threatening illness..My son had a wish granted 10 days before he passed away...My son was only 2 and died in my arms...The Make A Wish Foundation is the BEST organization in the world...I have raised $252,000 on my own for MAW...God Bless Miles...God Bless my son in heaven....Dylan Michael.....www.dylansbowlathon.com

my2cents

Maybe it's just me but, this kid's face reminds me of Rosie O'donnell when she was a little boy.

WaverlyRaven

I wonder what the Academy will come up next year?? CHINESE FOOD?!? Honestly I expected much more from the Oscars this year....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4