Drew Barrymore

Lights, Sirens, Action

Over Suspicious Van at House

3/19/2014 6:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_drew_barrymore_getty
Drew Barrymore had a big scare Tuesday night ... a white van pulled up to her L.A. house while she was home alone with her child and the person inside seemed intent on getting her to answer the door ... repeatedly knocking ... and it triggered a panicked 911 call.

It sounded ominous ... but turns out it was one of your friendly AT&T service guys working in the neighborhood.  The pregnant Drew didn't call for service and it's unclear why the dude was knocking, but after cops came and helicopters hovered, they found the van several blocks away, checked the guy out and all was ok.

Which raises the question ... when did phone companies start providing good service?

Ace

Gotta buy her a couple of drinks if you want her number.

marmar

That's sound creepy.

LastOfADyingBreed

DREW BARRYMORE is aging like milk. Yuk

Just Steve

So where's that missing plane at?? Tmz I know you know something. You put out ridiculous stories like this to hide what your really up too!!!

Barbara

Sounds like an out source guy. As a retiree from AT&T, they only do appointments.

Rocky

Wow helicopters, it must be nice to be rich and white

oBAMa

Maybe it was the Obamacare van that we heard about yesterday, driving around desperately trying to get people to sign up.

Yonce❤️❌⭕️

How do you get this information? Drew Barrymore call you up? LAPD?

WME2KS

Drew get a steel gate with a camera and intercom prevent this from happening which next time could be some stalker creep. You have a child and another on the way and you have the money.

Dead@27

It was Tom Greene, the one-balled wonder.

Observer

Uh, most people ask, 'what can I do for you?' From an intercom or from the safety behind their door.

Not, Call the Police and helicopter for a door knock!

Stupid Elitist....
Stupid L.A.P.D.

Did they drive their LAPD Lamborghini over there, Geez!

Pink sparkle

If a man in a white van was banging on my door and I called the cops there would not be a helicopter flying over my house to make sure I was safe. Bull****!

Jerald

Phone companies along with other utility companies have easement rights to gain access onto private property. Most likely he needed access to her property to repair somebody else's service near where she lives. I work for a major telephone company and I run into this problem a lot.

RATTLESNAKE

i had a 6' 5" 300 lb lunatic throwing bricks thru my front windows and LAPD only wanted to take a report over the phone. but ring a celebrities door bell and they send Helicopters , Nice very Nice !

barcag

TMZ when did scaring the crap out of someone become good service? These guys are worse than Jehovah's witnesses with their abusive canvasing. No offense to Jehovah's witnesses (but your incessant knocking gives you a bad name; don't call me, I will call you).