« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Boston Marathon Survivor

DANCING AGAIN

After Losing Leg In Bombing

3/20/2014 10:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0320-adrianne-haslet-davis-APThis is an AMAZING story ... Adrianne Haslet-Davis -- who lost her left leg in the Boston Marathon bombing -- is DANCING AGAIN after being equipped with a bionic limb.

Adrianne -- a professional ballroom dancer -- appeared at the TED Conference in British Columbia on Wednesday as a guest of Hugh Herr ... the director of the Biomechatronics Group at The MIT Media Lab.

FYI -- Herr spearheaded the project to build a special prosthetic for Adrianne after meeting her at a rehab clinic.  The project took 200 days.

At the TED Conference, Herr introduced Adrianne to the crowd and said, "In 3.5 seconds, the criminals and cowards took Adrianne off the dance floor. In 200 days, we put her back."

Adrianne then busted out a rumba with dance partner Chrstian Lightner to Enrique Iglesias' hit "Ring My Bells."

Afterward, Adrianne said, "I'm thrilled to have danced again. I was always determined to dance again, and I knew that I had to, that I would, and here I am."

Amazing. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

joy

She is an inspiration tho many. It is nice that Hugh Herr was able to make her dream possible again.

DogsRule

God Bless Her!!

Gretel

I don't watch that show, and have no plans to but that is pretty damn impressive considering she's only been that way for a year. Amazing. God bless her.

BLUE UGLY 💩

That's great

Wow ...

Never give up on your dreams, where there is a will, there is a way. Wonderful news and a true inspiration!!!

fuck TMZ

and we care? this site is "celebrity news" no?

sr

Boston Strong :)

Dumba$$es

Too bad the NSA was to busy spying on regular americans instead of trying to prevent something like this from happening.

Just My Opinion

KEEP ON DANCING, BEAUTIFUL GIRL.

Hera

Amazing lady. What an attitude

Colonel Nudge

TAKE THAT COMMIE BASTARDS!

Teresa andrews

So great.

LastOfADyingBreed

Tmz this is news ? How about you report on issue that matter.

Rigby

Is that as$hole dead yet for what he did to those poor people?! Disgusting. But good for her that she didn't let that traumatic experience ruin her life.

atomicplaygirl

So happy for her...but I have a ?. If scientists have this incredible ability to make the bionic leg why don't they go the next step and make it look more like a real human leg? The lady on NY housewives has several realistic looking legs .....but hers are not bionic. Couldn't bionics and aesthetics be merged?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments