'Wheel of Fortune' Player

Mind-Blowing Guess

WASN'T RIGGED

3/20/2014 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

032014_emil_wheel_launch_v2
The guy who correctly guessed the remaining letters in "Ne_ ____ _____" on "Wheel of Fortune" last night -- ON HIS FIRST TRY -- tells TMZ, the game was not rigged ... he really did pull the right answer out of his ass.

Emil De Leon -- who won $45,000 for the insane guess -- is a nursing student at the NCP College of Nursing in San Fran ... and while the show was being filmed in January, he was studying pediatrics.

Emil says he had babies on his mind during the show and got completely lucky -- once you watch the clip, you'll understand why this makes sense. Emil also says he's watched "Wheel of Fortune" forever and he's pretty much a pro at solving word puzzles.

Emil adds, Pat Sajak and Vanna White even pulled him aside afterward and told him he was one of the best players ever.

As for what Emil plans to do with his money -- he says he'll be putting most of it towards his nursing degree ... but plans to splurge a little on a trip to Cabo very soon.

See if you can guess Emil's answer before watching the clip.

032014_emil_wheel_puzzle

w

I did the same thing when I was a kid watching wheel of fortune, I was about 8 years old. it was 8 letters with nothing showing yet. I said out loud "too and fro" and I was right..blew my Mom's mind and freaked my brother out.

MrBill2

I actually played this over a couple of times. He guessed it so fast the person turning on the whole puzzle was caught off guard. Hilarious and fun player. He should be hosting a show somewhere.

Murderface

Too bad the phrase wasn't "Alex Karras on Webster".

Laine

Super cool. Good for him!

MrBill2

I watched this last night. I actually played it back a couple of times. He guessed it so fast that even the guy pushing the button to show the whole puzzle was caught off guard. The guy is hilarious and should be hosting a show somewhere.

SSGT Cobble

When Pat Sajack patted him done afterwards, that was why this show has lasted so long. Good TV.

Hera

The fix is in

Randy Morrison

It took FIVE SECONDS from when he first said it til they showed the answer...so were they frantically typing in his answer during that time. He clearly SAID IT...why did it take another FIVE SECONDS?

Liz

New Baby Buggy. easy.

Liz

New Baby Blues. That was easy.

Liz

New Baby Blues. That was easy ... really ....

buggaz

A third will go to taxes so Obama can pay the lazy welfare

BLUE UGLY 💩

SO staged

SenorPlaid

B.S.

Scary

The first word had to be "new." So for the second, I've only been able to come up with "baby" or "york." It could've just as easily been "new baby cigar" or "new york pizza." So, it was partly luck.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments