'Scandal' Star Columbus Short

In Bar Fight

Cops Investigating

3/25/2014 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

03-24-14-columbus-short-tmz
Columbus Short
-- who plays gladiator Harrison Wright on "Scandal" -- was involved in a bar fight in which the other guy ended up in the hospital and cops are now conducting a criminal investigation.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Short was at Gabe's Bar and Grill in L.A. on March 15 at around 10:45 PM celebrating a couple's engagement ... when he started arguing at the bar with another partygoer.

We're told the other guy pissed Short off by making a comment along the lines of, "You might be richer than me but I get my girls to buy me everything I want including your wife."

An eyewitness tells TMZ Columbus then came up from behind and sucker punched the guy.  The eyewitness says the man's nose was broken and he was rendered unconscious for several minutes.
We're told Columbus quickly left the bar.

An ambulance came and took the 37-year-old man to a nearby hospital.

Cops are now investigating a criminal battery.

It's not the first time Columbus used his fists to make a point.  In March, 2010 ... Columbus was playing basketball at an L.A. Fitness gym when he got into an argument with another player and socked the guy in the face, knocking several teeth out.

032414_colombus_short_lauinch

We reached out to Columbus ... so far no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

KOKOA

Looks like you got the a PUNCH .........instead of his WIFE.......LOUDMOUTH..........LMAO.............Good for your ass!

KaliaaMariee

Well he couldn't back up what he was saying and now want to be a lil wuss cause he got beat up :( awe poor lil tink tink lol

Houston Hard Hitter

THAT MAN DEFENDED THE HONOR OF HIS WIFE. I APPLAUD HIM. I'D DO THE SAME IF SOMEONE OFFENDED MY WIFE. BTW, SCANDAL IS FREGGIN AWESOME!

nfidmdo

All of you people need to keep quiet. You nor TMZ was there to say what really happened leave that guy and Short alone. And keep you're rude comments to your self no one cares. You all wouldn't be happy if this was happening to you and it wasn't true.

NixonsEvilStepChild

Drop the "R" in Short and the title of this article is Columbus's future if he keeps up with his violent behavior....

Victoria

Spiteful nasty comments from pathetic jealous people who wish they had his fame and money. Why am I not surprised? Trust me, he's not losing sleep over you or your comments. As for losing his job, I doubt it. But even if he did, it's not like any of you losers would be able to apply for it! LOL And as for Scandal being a crappy show, what planet are you morons living on? It's one the highest rated shows on TV whether you watch it or not. So stop wasting time make nasty comments about someone you don't know. It's not his fault you hate your own useless life so much!

Obsever..

Olivia pope can handle that ..don t worry harrison

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5