« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bo Jackson

CALLS FOR PUBLIC SHAMING

For Crooks In Auburn Stadium Heist

4/1/2014 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Bo Jackson Auburn Stadium TheftBo knows JUSTICE -- and that's why he doesn't want the crooks who jacked his football memorabilia from Auburn University to be locked up. Jackson wants PUBLIC SHAMING instead.

"I don't think they should serve jail time. They deserve public humiliation," Bo Jackson tells TMZ Sports.

Jackson is referring to the 3 men who cops suspect broke into the Jordan-Hare Stadium locker room last week and stole jerseys and helmets worn by BJ and Cam Newton. All 3 men have been arrested ... and, if convicted, Bo knows exactly how they should be punished.

"They should wear a sign -- front and back -- saying, 'I was caught stealing and this is my punishment. To all my peers, don't be as stupid as I was.'"

Bo adds, "These 3 individuals need to be placed in high traffic areas on campus every day for one month. 4 to 5 hour shifts. No talking. No Facebook. No Twitter. This will hurt them a lot more."

Jackson -- who's gearing up for his annual Bo Bikes Bama charity event on April 19th -- adds, "Parents aren't doing a good job parenting these days. Young kids feel entitled to do whatever they want."

"I was a disciplinarian, so my kids know right from wrong."

040114-bo-jackson-tmzsports-launch-4 For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The Wraith

This man is beloved by all sports fans. He is "sports" I say we do what BO SAYS because "BO KNOWS"

The Wraith

They should kick these kids out of Auburn and make them attend Univ. of Alabama. WAR EAGLE!! Thank you BO and Cam for all you have done for our university.

whateveryou

Always liked Bo. The only problem with that is that today shame doesn't work. You can't shame those who deserve it, they don't get it to start with. & the way the press plays the "gotcha" game with celebs now days, it totally discredits the whole shame thing. (Because very often the targeted celeb isn't guilty or it's not the story they present it as.) I don't know that shame works anymore. You have to have integrity to feel shame to start with.

Vote2012

Bo knows crooks....they need to catch them and parade them around the football stadium at half time so fans can throw stuff at them.

LastOfADyingBreed

Bo the only thing we need to be shaming is your obesity.

andrewlala

Bo knows .

She's baaaack

I like it. However, when their punishment time is up they're pretty much scot free. They'll do it again.

KVB

The problem with Bo's approach to discipline nowadays is that if parents try to discipline their kids the way they were disciplined, they'll go to jail..that, in itself, is an injustice to society - not being allowed to discipline our kids is way off kilter...

Choade McPooter

Bo Jackson was my childhood sports superstar. that poor dude got sidelined by a horrible accident. Youtube him going matrix on the outfield wall and throwing out a runner. Bo knows his stuff

HerbalDNA.com

I think it is time to try different things. Walk around with the theft signs. Go clean up at the homeless shelter with signs. And go to the school football games and when the cheerleaders get through, they need to come out with them theft signs. HerbalDNA.com We make Supper Energy Supplements for Athletes.