Pastor/Rapper Mase

I'm Saving Rappers' Souls

And I Could've Saved MJ Too

4/1/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0331-mase-01
Mase intends to keep preaching in his church ... while he's rapping about extramarital sex -- and it's all part of his plan to spread the word of God to the hip-hop community ... a plan sparked by Michael Jackson's death.

TMZ broke the story ... worshipers at Mase's Atlanta church think he's turned his back on his congregation to go back to laying down sinful tracks like "Tricky Situation" ... with lyrics like: "I get the honey moaning, you marry her. She said she comin' home, don't you hurry her."

033114_mase_launch

But sources close to Mase say he doesn't see any issue doing both jobs ... because he's really using his street cred to infiltrate hip-hop and ultimately plans to bring rappers closer to Christ.

Like a "Mission: Impossible" agent ... for Jesus.

Churchgoers tell us Mase has said his renewed spiritual calling was motivated by Michael Jackson's death -- and he feels he could have saved MJ if he'd been around to council him.

We don't know if anyone in church is buying this, but it's what Mase is preaching.

Can he get an Amen? Damned if we know.

notalawyer

The Best Liars BELIEVE Their Own Lies

my2cents

He's just like any other low down, scandalous preacher passing the collection plate around the church. He's only out for himself. If I didn't despise religion so much I'd laugh my a$$ off right now.

rinkydink

Mase can kiss heaven goodbye.***s dont make it in heaven.especially those transgender freemasons

rinkydink

Mase stealin tides from the church? Omg shame on him

Clytemnestra

Good God, when did TMZ become the official site for everybody who calls themselves a rapper...which seems to be anybody who has ever done it. It almost seems like real celebrities in other areas of entertainment (yes, there are movies, television, besides reality shows, Broadway). no longer bother with TMZ ("we tried calling them, but they have not returned our calls"). Can anybody recommend another site that has news about celebrities other than rappers?

rinkydink

God if you listining i want everybody in hip hop dead

BLUE UGLY 💩

Mase needs to go to hell, literally

rinkydink

Mase dont know if he comin or goin

rinkydink

See and i dog

Raymond

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's "counsel him" rather than "council him".

Black Adam

Preachers are the biggest sinners of them all. Baptists and Christians handle the Greed part, while the Catholics handle the Child Molestation. Last but not least, Imam handle the Murder, and Suicides.

j.j.buff

Further proof that rap and rappers are the biggest turds out there. God please get rid of rap and rappers.

duilama

nobody could have saved Mj's soul. Period.

Jackie

Oh yes...If only Michael Jackson had been able to meet a guy who used to be a rapper in 1997....he could have gotten so much wisdom and lived.........lololol. Seriously I'm sick and tired of people in showbiz dropping MJs name to get a little attention...it's sad and pathetic.

K South West

Classic Harlem Hustle... reminds me of Flip Wilson on the pulpit and the Temptations were behind him... I was offered a rap deal but due to my Islam turned it down... and I'm no cleric so why is this pastor around all this booze and women... ps shouts to my lovely church girls lookin fly every sunday

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments