'Cosby Show' Star

Wife Crushes 'Cockroach'

Files for Divorce

4/10/2014 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-carl-payne-and-wife-getty-01
The guy who played Martin's pal on TV is in the market for a new wingman -- Carl Payne's wife has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Melika Payne cites irreconcilable differences in the docs she filed last month in L.A. County Superior Court. The couple has a son, and she's asking for sole physical custody and joint legal.

Melika also wants spousal support from Carl -- who's probably best known as Walter "Cockroach" Bradley ... Theo's pal on "The Cosby Show."

Carl and Melika got married back in 1992 -- the same year he started on "Martin" -- and separated in 2012.

Small consolation, but 20-years is a pretty damn good run in Hollywood ... or just about anywhere, these days.

1202_split_stars_independent_footer

Nay

I think hes better known for Martin.

Carl

TMZ once again shows they are completely unaware of what "star" means. A star of a show is a member of the main cast, which in this case would be the husband, wife, and kids. Anyone else is an actor who appeared on or worked on the show, which this guy would be.

Bobo Frog

Shes ugly.

TuxThePenguin

omg, I lived that character, "****roach." Always climbing in the window at Martin and Gina's.

Now u know.

Roach never climbed in the window u got the wrong guy

Ferndog68

Another couple that doesn't believe in marriage. Love is not as strong in many I see

Ayesha

Are you kidding me? Bruh is best known for Cole from Martin. Get a better handle on your black audience and get your black media facts right.

Lisa

Wow - I remember him so well on the Cosby Show. I really don't remember him from Martin. He still looks the same. Blacks really don't crack.

Just Steve

Lmao Cosby show star...you guys at tmz are the worst

Edddie Nash

Hasn't Cole been selling Cars in Atlanta? He was in the Last Dragon also. Looking stupid in Daddy Greene's Pizza..

think101

WOW, 20 years, thats great. Too bad they couldn't work it out. Good luck.

K South West

Best known for ****roach? Harvey please get a life... he is better known as Cole and he even has a new show out... Harvey your the ****roach

Randaleese

He is CUTE!

WUNOTANG-SEXTAPE

Hey !!!!..... I thought I was the only one that wore my dirty socks on my head. sMH I must be Hip

EnquirerLover

Yo! Martin and everybody hates Chris are two of the best reruns on right now. Thank you to UP network and MTV2 for bringing them back. Marty mart in the house. Wazzzzzzup? I wish they would do another Martin series. These are some of the best actors out there. Amd man oh man we need more positive viewing and less damn vampire/zombie bull**** for people to watch. No wonder some kids are turning in to freaks. Damn Disney.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments