Ice Cube

I 'Was Robbed' Comment Was Not a Diss to Paul Walker

4/14/2014 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0414-ice-cube-paul-walker-MTV-tmz-1
Ice Cube is setting the record straight ... saying he was not taking a huge shot at Paul Walker when he griped about losing to him at the MTV Movie Awards -- and claims his words were misinterpreted.

Cube raised eyebrows when, according to USA Today, he said ... "We was robbed" in the Best Onscreen Duo category. He and Kevin Hart's "Ride Along" lost to Paul Walker and Vin Diesel's "Fast & Furious 6."

He added, "We had the best chemistry of everybody nominated, for us not to win was crazy."

Sounds like Cube was getting some heat ... because he's now saying, "I wasn't really mad we didn't win. So I would never diss the actors who won. Not even Paul Walker."

Ice Cube also tweeted, "Ice Cube is not a sore loser. I was born losing. This winning s*** is what I gotta get use to."

Sources close to the actor/rapper tell us he had a joking tone during the USA Today interview ... and was just busting on award shows since he doesn't take them seriously.

We feel you on that, Cube.

1202_remembering_paul_walker_footer

I just wanted to comment

While there may be a case of ego, I don't think he was dissing Paul either.

BLUE UGLY 💩

It's true, you know he only won because he burned up

monique

dear mr. cube, you have to actually win first in order to get used to it

JiLL1

Boohoo. he didn't win.

Rigby

He only won because Paul passed... I mean FF6 and they get this award on the 6 film....

tmzcommenter

First of all, it's an MTV award. Who cares? Secondly, don't the fans vote for these awards? Does Ice Cube want to act like a douche like Kanye?

gtlilone

Who ****ing cares

dreamon

I think he meant what he said but perhaps didn't have Paul Walker on his mind when he said it. Ice is not a douche necessarily, but totally a huge ego for sure.

LetsBeReAL

Ice cube is a sore loser. How can he even compare on screen chemistry between him and Vin + Paul who have been together for over 10 years making FF movies. Ice Cube, they win.

viperdna

Lol ice cube really every movie you made is **** you havent been in anything good boyz in the hood and friday your ego makes you look like an ******* im glad paul walker won this hes done more for the community Then you have or even tried. Ride along was a flop and you hardly ever get rewards for ****ty movies. end of rant

bring back recent posts

These awards shows are becoming so irrelevant, except for the Grammy's and The Academy Awards, such trash crap on tv now and I rest my case with the fact this thread even exists, egomaniacs with 15 minutes .

tgrfan42069

so wait if you lose an award to a guy who only got it due to him dying you cant say that you think you deserved it?

Yurra Knutz

...When we be up in the club
We be posting the back
When we be in the club
Girl always come to the back

And we bout to get our head sprung...

tgrfan42069

well anyone with half a brain knows that vin and paul only won it because he passed away..tends to be the treand..take heth ledger for example..never won an oscar but when he od'ed on drugs suddenly he wins one

george

Paul W & Vin D VS ice cube & his mini me.Paul W & Vin D all the way baby!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments