Transgender B. Scott

Loses Discrimination Battle with BET

4/17/2014 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0417-b-scott-02
BET can dress its hosts however the hell it wants -- even if that means forcing a transgender person to dress like a man -- and that's why the judge threw out B. Scott's discrimination lawsuit.

TMZ broke the story, Scott sued the network, claiming it humiliated him during the BET Awards last year by forcing him to change from women's clothes into men's clothes ... and then yanking him off the show entirely.

But the judge in the case just ruled in the network's favor, dismissing the lawsuit.

The judge ruled BET has the 1st Amendment right to run its shows the way it wants ... and that includes ordering Scott to change from women's to men's clothes ... and that's that.

Scott tells TMZ, "It disheartens me that the message sent today wasn't a message of acceptance, but rather it's acceptable to discriminate against transgender individuals on the basis of their gender identity and expression."

Scott's attorney has said he plans to appeal the decision.

0108-b-scott-outfit-change-3

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

CoconutScrimp

I wonder if this would have had a different outcome had it been a white trans.

I bet Obama then would have raised hell. You know white folk stick together.

D-INCARNATION

This is a beautiful day....

nana

Not easy winning a lawsuit against such a powerhouse

D-INCARNATION

I hope he doesn't cut his Johnston off and jump out the window now....

alwaysstayhigh

boo hoo all gays and trannys need to suck a D!ck to stfu already always wanna be the victim

Carl

That is the right call. BET is undoubtedly homophobic, but that is their right and it is standard for networks to have control over what their on air talent wears.

Numapass

Babe, might want to talk to Bruce J about the "Apple" - he can give you a name

Skit

Knew the tranny didnt stand a chance in that lawsuit
he shoulda contacted the wang chopper, Could save him tons of money on gender reassignment surgery

Clyde T.M. Nestra

I'm generally in favor of acceptance, but I think the judge was correct in his decision. What if somebody wanted to dress in a clown suit? Bet's show, their rules.

static

The court system is racist and homophobic like BET.

BEEJ

Ugh, trannies.

Lisa

QUIT! That's within your right too! No one FORCED you to change your clothes!

Skit

I'd say man up but you know the bitch cant

Sieron

I have to wear the fugliest uniform ever at my job, where's the ACLU when I need em

IKnowthismuch

The one thing he forgot was that he was employed by someone who had that right. You can't just dress anyway you want when you work at a restaurant, and you just can't dress anyway you want if you were hired at Disney World operating a ride!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments