« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Village People Singer

Issuing 'Y.M.C.A.' Ban On Clippers

4/27/2014 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0427-the-village-people-clipper-01Young man, there IS need to feel down ... because the cop from Village People says he's BANNING the L.A. Clippers from playing "Y.M.C.A." at home games ... thanks to Donald Sterling.

Victor Willis -- who reportedly owns the rights to the song -- is furious ... saying, "Sterling, you're banned from playing "Y.M.C.A." or any of my music @LAClippers games.  And I mean it!"

Victor's rep tells us the singer is dead serious about the ban -- and will be sending an official notice to Donald Sterling first thing tomorrow morning.

So, in conclusion ... you can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal, but you CAN'T do whatever you feel.

0428-YMCA-Letter-02

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mark

wow, banning a gay ass tune, that will show him! LMFAO!!!! who the f•ck cares about these old ***s, and do they really think any straight person would care to know their opinion.

Paul Z

People are entitled to their own opinions, racist or not.
If you don't like them you are free to economically boycott their enterprise.

The Community Organizer

Best news I heard today I know clipper fans happy

antony

Sterlimg is an out of touch bigot.plain n simple.get him out.this kind of crap is so. Not. Acceptable.the clippers should boycott till he is g o n e.

Dee Kat

Who gives a rats ass what the village ppl think

Dan

Sooooooo banning the gayest song known to man at Clippers games does what for what now?

Sorry folks. That super gay song we all know and love and get down to will no longer be heard at Clippers games because...the owner has an opinion nobody is forced to agree with.

Kanye West hates white people.

BeiberVegasHoHo

Yes!!! Finally. That sing sucks balls. More Bieber please. That boyeee is a baller fo real ..,, ax puff daddy!

itsfunnycuzitstrue

Too bad we can't boycott kweers

Giggity

I don't get it! I'm from Southern California and I never understood what a L.A. Cilpper is?? I mean the Lakers originated from Minnesota because of "Land of 10,000 Lakes" but Clippers??

Cazzyalien

It waz kind of ironic to zee thiz ztory zince I uzed to DJ thiz zong in the 70'z. ( I no longer DJ....I only play guitar with DJ'z). However, I think that if Mr. Willis feelz that a perzon iz being a racizt or haz any other reazon to not want hiz zong to be played, he haz that right. Go Mr. Willis!

5Louie

Thanks Donald you did all fans a

Funky Chicken

I can't stop looking at the stain on his inner left knee.

C.J.

Why didn't they boycott when Clippers player Matt Barnes called a policeman a fu..ing ***got while resisting arrest earlier this year?

Arb

They actually did clippers a favor with this not having to hear their old *(#@ crappy song anymore

CelebrityScum

Hmm, watcha talkin bout Willis?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments