Paul Simon

ARRESTED After Domestic Incident with Wife

4/28/2014 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Paul Simon Arrested

Paul Simon's gonna need a bridge ... 'cause he's in some troubled water -- after getting arrested for disorderly conduct following an incident with his wife in Connecticut this weekend.

72-year-old Simon and his wife, 48-year-old Edie Brickell -- from the band New Bohemians -- were both taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct after a heated domestic dispute.

Cops were called to the couple's house around 8 pm that night.

It's unclear why the two were fighting.

FYI -- Simon and Edie have been married for 22 years and have 3 kids together.

update_graphic_red_bar
2:45 P.M. PDT -- The Simons' attorney just gave us this statement from Edie, "I got my feelings hurt and I picked a fight with my husband. The police called it disorderly. Thank God it's orderly now."

11:12 A.M. PDT
-- Paul left court a short time ago, insisting he and his wife still love each other. Edie left from a different exit several minutes earlier ... and didn't say a word.

CremeBrulee

The Sound of Violence.

IceGypsy

Wow can't picture Paul Simon getting angry. He's like the most passive hippie ever lol

Questdelsangraal

Eddie probably just figured out marrying someone your grandfathers age does not work so well.

static

Probably arguing over who's music sucks more.

MightyMatt

He has hummed "Graceland" for so long it got stuck in her head. She couldn't take it anymore and finally snapped.

annie

what I am is what I am is what you are or what....

so she married someone twice her age. why can't I find someone half my age to marry me????? oh, that's right, I'm not sitting on $100 million. ahahahahahahahaha so many of these marriages/relationships are based around cash. Like what the H is that 20something lady doing with the NBA owner who's 80!!!! that's gross she's there hoping for some cash.

Tom Slick

Bath salts.

d-nutt

She's got no joke, like a full foot and 100+ pounds on this guy. This is one of those rare instances where the male is the more at risk partner in the fight. He just may be the victim.

VictoriaGirl

So when they married he was 52 and she was only 26? Eww. Why is it that old men can marry or date young girls and its fine but if an older woman dates/marries a younger man people say thats gross and she's pathetic? (No this has not happened to me, just disgusted by the double standard)

p51d007

Probably she got tired of changing his diapers!
He's old enough to be her daughter LOL. When married he was almost 50, she was just barely 25

lilly

Im glad evrything worked out, I found more info on Edie and some cool videos of her here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/music/edie-brickell-simon-singer-paul-simons-wife/ they are both so talented, love this couple

GREGG WILLIAMSON

So big deal. A good knock down drag out fight with your
mate once every 20 some years helps clear the air. I am
sure they would be hugging and kissing by now if the
police didn't get involved.

FLTom

And I see losing love
Is like a window in your heart
Everybody sees you're blown apart
Everybody sees the wind blow

cbaron

He should dump Edie's dumb ass and start ****ing V stiviano like everyone else.

franklyspeaking