Alec Baldwin

For Illegal Biking

5/13/2014 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Alec Baldwin Arrested
update_graphic_red_bar
9:30 AM PT --
Alec is going off on Twitter, writing, "Officer Moreno, badge number 23388, arrested me and handcuffed me for going the wrong way on Fifth Ave ... Meanwhile, photographers outside my home ONCE AGAIN terrified my daughter and nearly hit her with a camera. The police did nothing."

And the zinger, "New York City is a mismanaged carnival of stupidity that is desperate for revenue and anxious to criminalize behavior once thought benign."

update_grey_gray_bar
Alec Baldwin
was detained in New York City Tuesday morning after riding his bike the wrong way on Fifth Avenue and 16th street.

Here's the crazy part ... it seems one of the factors in the arrest was that Alec didn't have his ID on him when he was riding.

We're told Alec was taken to the police station so he could be properly identified ... standard ops.

Law enforcement sources tell us Alec was belligerent with officers while in custody ... which resulted in his getting a ticket for disorderly conduct -- on top of the ticket for riding the wrong way.

Sources tell us he was riding alone ... it was just for exercise.  Alec's wife was not there.

The ID part of the story is kind of amazing, because Alec is a fixture in New York.

0513-swipe-alec-baldwin-splash

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BLUE UGLY 💩

Arrest him for being a huge douche

Jennifer

Sounds like NYPD was a little bored this morning!

ImSoReal

I'm not a fan if this man, but arresting him for bike riding. STUPID

Justbeinghonest

I bet he is fuming right now

Ron Fing Swanson

He has the most punchable face of all time.

Pilar Bernsteen de Juarez

They should have given him a Rodney King beatdown!

Teresa andrews

In the crime capital of the U.S., they arrest a man for bike riding. OK.

tmon3ydadjmbr

Lol the dumbest laws in the world on a bike?

boo boo

I get annoyed at bicyclists who ride on the wrong side of the road, but c'mon! They seriously couldn't just give him a warning or write him a ticket? He must have been acting like a MAJOR jerk to the cop.

TheRealDeal

Thank goodness the NYPD got that dangerous criminal off the street. What a great job they are doing. Except when they're shooting innocent Black men 41 times. Oops.

tippy katz

what, no tantrum? of all the people to arrest on the stupidest law ever, I can live with this one.

tmon3ydadjmbr

He has done bad things and said bad things but riding a bike up the wrong way is stupid. A dumb law.

jameeesssssssss

I guess new york doesn't have major crimes.

JFO

I can't get over the fact that he was actually riding a bike ....

Dee

That's stupid. Obviously this is screw with Alec day.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments