Macy Gray

I Support Period Day

Women Need a Day to Bleed!

5/22/2014 8:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Macy Gray Period DaySome women might try to hide it, but it's clear ... their world crumbles ... once a month ... and that's why they ALL deserve paid menstrual leave if they need it -- so says Macy Gray.

It's the latest debate topic in employment -- should women get a paid "Period Day" every month for when their menstrual cycle is at its worst? -- and Gray came out in full support Wednesday night in L.A.

She makes a pretty convincing argument -- but we still gotta ask ...

BLUE UGLY 💩

Nope

Kelly

Such a stupid idea. Up your game, ladies. Quit medicalizing yourselves if you want to be equal.

Harveys_Taint

She just wants to smoke weed.

Mussolini

She is GROSS

Lucky_130

They might as well, this way they wont have to call out sick and make things difficult for everyone else

greeneyedjeepgirl

Shoot, everyday IS a period/PMS day for me, LOL KIDDING!!! But I get it. PMS is NOT a walk in the park. But a day off to make my husband(who works from home) miserable??? Nah, I will pass on this one. Thankfully I work solo, so no worries here!!! Now, GO F*CK OFF!!!!

Lauren

It depends on the job....if its a really physical one, its hard to do if ur period is heavy

Masoncakes

Women want to be treated as equals in the work place yet they want a day off once a month for their period?! You have got to be kidding me. Suck it up! We all do it. Pop an ibuprofen and get back to work.

porkchop

WTF? Women have been menstruating since the dawn of time and given the progress the world has made since then, needing a day off 'to bleed' is ridiculous! It's women like this that set us all back hundreds of years with their stupidity.

ivan

1 - bad idea for hilary

STRAY

Employers should pay employees up to 30 minutes of commuting time.

lili

If I get super bad cramps then I would totally agree with this

MrBill

Equal pay for WHAT???????????

PokeFangirl

As a woman, well young woman, I must say this is an inconcievebly stupid idea. If I'm in that much discomfort I can take a sick day and stay at home. Every natural born female has a period (excluding birth defects and post-menopausal) all of which occur at different times of hte month throughout the year, and only sync when we reside in close living quarters. That's just not financially practical or realistic for any company. It also promotes systematic abuse because no company can tell whether or not a woman is really having a bad period, is just a little moody, or is just being an unreasonably bitchy fake. Moreover, if this actually became a thing how are we supposed to be seen as reliable assets to the work force if 1ce a month, at the drop of a dime, we can claim our periods are really bad and need to take a period day? And some women might not even need to fake it. Some of my friends become so difficult to be around or bleed like crazy; I myself get incredibly depressed and the cramps hurt like hell but I power through it. Unless they delegate actual sick or paid vacation days for being on our period, which would be used up very quickly, this should never be something enforced in the work place or business.

terri-in-texas

Ladies, you wanted everything equal. Don't bring Aunt Flo as a reason to make us look stupid. I could work every day with my period at full force, just to make the point that I can.

Who the f is Macy Gray again?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments