Hero Cat

Attack Dog Euthanized

5/25/2014 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052514_hero_cat_launch_v2Every dog has it's day ... and in the case of the Lab/Chow mix that viciously attacked a little boy only to be scared off by hero cat -- his last day was Saturday.

Sources at the Bakersfield animal shelter tell TMZ ... Scrappy was euthanized at the end of a 10-day hold following the attack.  We're told the dog was aggressive during his stay at the shelter, even trying to bite a couple of employees.

Scrappy was so ornery ... we're told he would try to attack staff even when they tried to give him food and water.

RIP Scrappy ... you made a cat a hero.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

EL444

Not The Damn Dogs Fault....We Make Them Mean. Bread Got Fighting? Vicks Dog?

Roundisnotsquare

I am an animal lover, but that dog needed to be put down. That kid very well might be dead if not for that cat.

The Maharincess of Franistan

Good riddance! This dog is too dangerous to keep in a neighborhood full of children! Pity we couldn't put the dog's owner down as well. It's the biggest idiots that own these dogs. In addition, they are ALWAYS ignorant, irresponsible, and of course, ALWAYS without the insurance necessary to pay for the injuries caused by dangerous dogs like this. I'm a dog lover but iHATE pit bulls and the idiots who own them.

zombie

Gee, instead of TRYING to rehabilitate the dog like they did with Michael Vick's fighting dogs, thry took the easy way out. Way to go! If Vick's dogs can become loving pets (ck Best Friends web site for the success stories) this dog had a chance. He COULD have been helped and rehomed!

Lfe25Savr

He sacrificed himself, to make the family rich. I hope they realize that. Sea zer would have helped it

BLUE UGLY 💩

Good riddance

MILK

Smelly cat, smelly cat it's not your fault...

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Dogs have souls

pudge facker

I'm Chinese and I would like to find out how I could get the dog. I have a nice warm place for it.

zombie

Lol @ all the " I am a dog lover but.........".

Nottellinu

Eff you tmz how awful

Callie

I wish people would stop making their dogs vicious!

Heidi

SHAME ON YOU TMZ FOR FEELING THE NEED TO PRINT THIS STORY!!!!!!

Detroit_Allie

Why are people so upset at TMZ for running this story?

The_tangle

Very sad for both, But glad it wasn't a pit bull or we would not hear the end of it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments