Benzino

Airline Apologized for Racially Profiling Me

I Got Vouchers to Prove It!

5/28/2014 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052714_benzino_launch_v4
"Love & Hip Hop" star Benzino claims AirTran Airways has already accepted blame for racially profiling him on board a flight this week -- and as a gesture of its remorse, AirTran gave him 2 vouchers for $200.

TMZ posted video of Benzino's f-bomb-laced outburst shortly after he claims a flight attendant racially profiled him on his flight Tuesday from Vegas to ATL ... and the story behind the outburst is crazy.

Benzino tells us, he and his new wife were the last people to board ... and as soon as they took their First Class seats, a flight attendant demanded to see their tickets.

Benzino found this insulting, telling us the flight attendant only asked to see his tickets because he's a man of color sitting in First Class -- and that's why he erupted.

Benzino tells us, "They basically were talking to me very disrespectful and came at me inappropriate. That’s why I was upset about the situation. I am not the one to scream the race card unless I truly believe I am being treated not equal."

According to Benzino, an airline rep later apologized to him, telling him the airline was in the wrong, and then gave him and his wife two vouchers for $200. Calls to Southwest -- which merged with AirTran a few years ago -- weren't returned.

0528_voucher_Benzino_wm

w

race card bitch

Joe

Hey Benzino, I've never been asked to show my first class tickets, but of course I have talent. signed Eminem

Danielle

I think AirTran just didn't want the publicity so they gave him the voucher. I've been asked for my ticket / boarding pass many times and I'm white as can be. He overreacted.

Blockboy720

If u come from a history of slavery an racism u are going to see things ah lil different dealing with the slavemasters children..the line of racism for a black person can get blurry sometimes through no fault of our own..

Blockboy720

NAS>eminem

zombiegod2012

I am long time reader of TMZ and I never post but this time I am, The people who post on TMZ are 100% racist, When they is something about some one who is african American people start leaving comments saying it’s an another black person and things that are so racist I am amazed it’s allowed about 90 of the posters hear make me sick.

Harveys_Taint

I used to put Benzino Peroxide on my zits.

anony

The vouchers just mean they want him to shut up. Not that they did anything wrong.

SPursgrrl

What ****. I've always been asked to see my ticket when I have sat in first class. (only a few times in my life!)

Joe

200 means absolutely nothing to a company. Benzino doesn't understand they are giving him next to nothing to make him go away. This guy is a clown.

footballfan

Does he really want us to believe he indeed had first class tickets?? If he did, why was he only given 2 $200 vouchers? I'm pretty sure first class tickets cost a hell of a lot more than $200 each!

Joe

More proof that when a black cries racism... People give in. So sad. As long as this result happens they will continue to do it. They should have fined him for that language he used. I'm sure there were kids on the plane. He could have left without incident and filed a lawsuit afterwards.

Black Adam

Well now that's really something........the correct use of the Race Card by Black People.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I don't think he's telling the truth. That $200 per person just covers the change fees for their new flights. Not even Benzino is dumb enough to accept that as compensation for being racially profiled and humiliated on an plane.

Wow ...

A simple job is being done by the flight attendant, requesting a ticket and this man screams racism. It happens to everyone who boards a plane, not just those in first class and black. Racism is alive and well, i.e. Sterling, so it irritates me when things like this happen and the race card is pulled. It sincerely detracts from REAL racism. Shame on ppl who do this and condone others who do.