TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Malin Akerman

Co-Purchases New Home

Proves She's a Friend in Deed

5/29/2014 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0527_malin_akerman_buys_house_launch
It pays to be Malin Akerman's hair stylist ... the "Trophy Wife" actress just co-signed on a cozy little bungalow for the woman behind her blowouts ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Malin tell us she put down a sizeable chunk of money to help Maranda Widlund buy the $811K cottage in L.A.'s Los Feliz neighborhood.  

Akerman will have a 27% interest in the 2 bedroom, 1-Bath crib, according to the purchase docs, while Widlund and her husband will own the remaining 73% ... and get to pay the mortgage.

We're told Malin simply wanted free haircuts for life to help out a friend.

0527_malin_and_maranda_sub

18 COMMENTS

No Avatar

1.

Educateyourself    

Wow, that is a great price for that house. It will be worth more soon

115 days ago
2.

MILK    

the one on the left is fat

115 days ago
3.

DiM    

Just one bathroom, but I agree ......great price! You could never get that in Canada for less 1.4 Mil

115 days ago
4.

Truth    

FUGLY AS HELL...NO WONDER IT WENT EL CHEAPO. NO 1 ELSE WANTED TO BUY THE DAMN THING. NOT EVEN A MEXICAN DRUG DEALER. #TRUTH!!

115 days ago
5.

EastCoastChopper    

This house needs 3 things

1. bamboo wind chimes
2. a grill for curry garlic chicken
3. 5 grams of Moroccan hashish

115 days ago
6.

Snerkles    

Oh, Malin...have you got a big surprise, coming! You can kiss that cash goodbye:(.

115 days ago
7.

Observer    

$811 thou for THAT!?

Wow, what some dummies will do.

115 days ago
8.

sandy    

That'll work out well

115 days ago
9.

Sheldon Siegel    

I've walked by that house a few times. It looks better in person but the tiled stairs aren't my style. Los Feliz is a beautiful area though.

115 days ago
10.

Mimmi    

Malin Akerman's hairstylist has a Swedish last name... so maybe they have bonded beyond the regular "celebrity-hairstylist" connection due to their Swedish heritage (Malin is Swedish, she was born in Sweden by Swedish parents but grew up in Canada after her parents got divorced).

115 days ago
11.

Ali    

In a Hollywood world of self-absorbed, clueless, twits like Goopy, it's so NICE to hear about someone who is normal and "gets it!" Someone who gives and is unselfish and kind. I wish TMZ and other sites would focus more on this type of thing. The Rock bough a car for his housekeeper, Malin does this for her stylist etc. It's just refreshing to see kindness and normal behavior from celebrities instead of all the usual crap we see and hear about. Good for Malin and good for her stylist. And, Malin's hair (as well as her stylist's) is pretty and natural looking.

115 days ago
12.

Rod    

I give this partnership a year or two....tops!

114 days ago
13.

terryp    

Good for you, Malin. Share the wealth. I love the exterior of the home, but the interior appears to be kind of boring.
Beige, beige and more beige.

113 days ago

Around The Web