Maya Angelou 911

She Didn't Want to Be Resuscitated

... Says Caretaker

5/29/2014 11:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528-maya-angelou-launch
Maya Angelou had informed her staff she did NOT want to be resuscitated in the event of her death ... this according to the caretaker who called 911.

The caretaker called 911 to report Maya's death -- but told the operator she was hesitant to perform CPR because the famed poet had previously been crystal clear ... when she passed, don't try to bring her back.

The operator tells the caretaker to perform CPR regardless -- because Maya didn't have a "Do Not Resuscitate" order -- and the caretaker complied ... to no avail.

As we reported, Angelou passed away Wednesday at the age of 86.

Mr Wood

I call B.S. on this story....just like having JWow's picture up calling her Lil Kim....

zombie

Was this idiotic story even necessary? You TMZ jack offs are fvcktarded. You and you sick obsession with 911 calls. Ass holes

angie

The world was a better place with her in it. Hopefully her teachings of love and tolerance will be her legacy. Rest in peace and thank you.

UAINTGOTTHEANSWERSSWAY

K

BLUE UGLY đź’©

So? If that was her choice, that was her choice

David

I'm glad she didn't want to be resuscitated. We don't need any more poems from this old used up prostitute and madam.

SB

A genuine American icon.

aprita6797

Im pretty sure she would have rather been in heaven than to be inthis cruel world. She did her part in trying to make this world a better place. #RIL

Joshua

Here we go...

WD

ok WHY would the woman looking after her at night NOT know that she had a a DNR?

static

She and the sign language guy at Nelson Mandela's funeral are on the same level nobody can understand WTF they're trying to say.

oh really

LOTS of eldery people dont want to be resuscitated .
They want to go when it is their time.
Why would you think this story was something to put up ??

Kelly

A vile human being. The world is a better place without this exploiter of idiots.

L. Ron Hubbard

Her poems were crap!

PRICEISRIGHT

I don't speak Spanish, but everyone at my work does. They have a nick name for me that I would like translated...

They will always call me "Merry Cone" whatever that means. Sometimes it is "Peachy Merry Cone", I told them I prefer the flavor orange and they just laugh at me. I think it must be some kind of ice cream maybe they have in Mexico that they do not have here. I am just glad that whatever it means, it makes everyone happy and laugh.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments