Charlize Theron

Bails on Her Pinkberry Tab

... But Returns with $96 Tip

6/4/2014 7:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Charlize Theron Pinkberryupdate_graphic_red_bar 3:15 PM PT -- We just uncovered the most crucial part of this story ... Charlize's fro-yo order! Here it is: chocolate hazelnut with chocolate shavings. Seems a little redundant, especially for $100, but whatever.
update_grey_gray_bar
Charlize Theron
 had a Pinkberry worker thinking she got screwed -- the Oscar winner promised to come back to pay her bill, and even though it seemed touch and go for a while ... Charlize eventually came through with a HUGE tip.

Here's what went down -- an employee at Pinkberry in Hollywood says Charlize came in Tuesday afternoon, but when it came time to pay her $3.75 tab  ... she plead poverty, saying she didn't have money on her.

The employee, Keila, says Charlize promised to come back, but more than an hour passed before Charlize returned (with Sean Penn, no less).

Watch the video ... Charlize plays it cool on the way out, but right after that Keila showed us why it was worth the wait -- CT left a Benjamin for the $3.75 bill!

Charlize ... definitely not a monster.

060414_keila_sub

BLUE UGLY 💩

I've tipped way more than that, she's cheap

Sheldon Siegel

Having worked at a celebrity hangout before, I was amazed at how many of them never seemed to have any cash on them.

Heidi

Happens all the time with celebrities running in for a coffee or ice cream.... Not a big deal.... Can only imagaine how TMZ must be disappointed that she not only returned to pay the bill; left a $100 & that Sean Penn was driving her as there's nothing negative to bash her about today.

CelebrityScum

Why didn't she pay with a credit card if she had no cash?

D-INCARNATION

The chick probably gets fired now though she could be a role model to the fruity guy at Family Dollar........

Dog And Pony

I'm surprised she's not wearing a stupid visor like 'V for sale Stankgina' does. It's the only way to maintain your dignity in the crush of paparazzi.

juliadotcom

Why are you going to go somewhere and try to buy something when you don't have any money on you? I don't care if I was freakin Madonna, I would never just expect a business to give me free stuff just because.

myopinion

Nice...did she really think she would stiff them for 3.75? Not in this day and time with the internet.

BABS

i never have cash on me always use debit card ...

Mike

That's really cool!

Sally M

"Charlie plays it cool on the way out..." Yes we notice that most 'real' celebrities ignore TMZ.

Karwalk

I think I would have bought her the drink and said don't worry about it! We're talking three bucks here.....

Anarchyinanaheim

Jeff Spicoli only eats at 'All American Burger'

Clytemnestra

Charlize has always conducted herself well. Her actions here are no surprise. She made somebody very happy today.

Just My Opinion