« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James

RIPPED BY GATORADE

'Our Athletes Can Take the Heat'

6/6/2014 6:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Gatorade Disses LeBron James Leg Cramp
Gatorade is thirsty ... for a fight -- because last night, the sports drink was talkin' serious SMACK to LeBron James after the NBA star left the game with leg cramps.

Moments after King James was carried off the court like he was dying in San Antonio ... Gatorade went to Twitter and unleashed its inner troll on LeBron, who happens to be a Powerade guy.

"The person cramping wasn't our client. Our athletes can take the heat," Gatorade posted.

When someone asked, "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN LEBRON NEEDED YOU????" ... Gatorade replied, "we were waiting on the sidelines, but he prefers to drink something else."

Even New York Giants stud Prince Amukamara chimed in saying, "Hopefully Lebron switches to @Gatorade #electrolytes #refuel."

Again, Gatorade replied, "@PrinceAmukamara You've always had good taste, Prince."

Your move, Bron. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FREEDOM

IS HE COVERED UNDER OBAMA CARE.

FREEDOM

A LITTLE CRAMPING , SS HH II TT WHAT A BABY.

Black Adam

Look at that miserable Ho.......

L. Ron Hubbard

The owner of the Heat bought his "championship"!

Tank

@Jriley yes you are correct, leg cramps USUALLY don't take you out that long once the spurs tied the game there was no since of coming back in. Crap they only missed 2or3 shots the whole quarter. Your also right about the teams they have played I seriously thought the pacers were going to win, I'm from New York so I'm a melo fan

Bill5martin

Dehydration also causes SEVERE migraines. I used to be a fan of Gatorade. I am not anymore. It has nothing to do with LeBron either. Since I am not a huge basketbsll fan. I just think Gatorade should have kept their mouths shut. Obviously the Gatorade didn't stop his dehydration & Gatorade figured they would make the first move. Whoever made that call should be fired.

tab58064

All the other players who are suppose to be less that he "The King" played through the heat so i think the clowning of Lebron is well deserved!

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Funny responses by Gatorade.

Nic S

Actually LeBron has to drink Gatorade during NBA games because it is their sponsor. Soooooo... people need to do their homework.

Bambi

LeBron is having the last laugh, Gatorade apologizing for the cheap shot tonight. He will be back with the eye of the tiger!

bmwm369

Gatorade(AKA Pepsico) is just water and sugar . People are so damn stupid. Electroyte my ass.

celtics34

I love the conspiracy theorists they turned the AC off so Miami would be too hot to play hey idiots it was just as hot for Indy and isn't it pretty hot in Florida at least thats what I heard

Yurra Knutz

Interesting comments.
Sooo... are people saying that they would not want James to play on their team?

Dee