Melanie Griffith

Divorcing

Antonio Banderas

6/6/2014 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas DivorceMelanie Griffith has filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas ... TMZ has learned.

Griffith's legal docs cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for ending her 18-year marriage.

In the docs -- filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser -- Griffith is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody, although it's pretty much moot -- Stella, their only child together, turns 18 in September.

Griffith is also asking for spousal support.

The legal docs do not list the date of separation.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the divorce is amicable.  As for dividing property, we're told it's a little complicated ... they have lots of real estate, both in the U.S. and Spain.

This is Griffith's 4th divorce.   She was twice married to Don Johnson and also married to Steve Bauer.

It's Banderas' second divorce.

0606_melanie_griffith_antonio_banderas_split_footer_v2

Clytemnestra

No matter what Hollywood couple it is, it seems it is only a matter of time before they end up splitting. Unfortunate, since the individuals are no different than the rest of us...when we marry, we like to think it is forever.

Marina326

That woman did NOT age well. . .And I've always thought it was unfair that men who are as good looking as Antonio get better and better looking!

Sassy Cupcakes

Oh Melanie... once again making us woman look like child support money grubbers. Your kid turns 18 in a few months and YOU want child support. GTFOOH I'm certain Banderas will make sure his kid (soon to be adult) is well taken care of. I am not rich... heck I'd say lower middle class and I was quite capable of raising my son without demanding support. Its funny what a man will do when you allow him to be a dad and don't seek revenge... my son was well taken care of and never went without because we worked together to make sure our son had everything he needed including both parents in his life. So I'll end this with... ladies... NO MAN owes you anything for knocking you up. You knew dang well what could happen when you spread your legs. If you can't afford your kid, give up custody and let "daddy" raise them.

Ummmm

I disagree about the child support thing being moot, when my parents divorced my dad had to pay child support until we were 24 as long as we were I'm school and had our primary address as our mothers house same deal with medical insurance.

baby

he put up with her drug habits as long as he could

Debbie

SHE filed for a divorce from HIM??? Are you kidding? He should have dumped her years ago. She is a train wreck!

Garry

Good to Melanie. Honey, the years have taken their toll on you!

Susan Evans

Sometimes you out grow someone, and its time to move on.

01void

Hated to hear that, always liked both of them

John T.

Read some where that she is a bad alcoholic. That's hard to live with. She should sue who ever did her nasty plastic surgery. Her face looks like she is 80 yrs old.

Barbara

That's too bad. He seemed to love her in spite of all her problems.

Richard

Is she nuts?

Don Mason

She IS NOT an attractive woman.

Andreinac13

Finally, Antonio is free!

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Lmao at these divorces....marriage is a joke people