Melanie Griffith

Divorcing

Antonio Banderas

6/6/2014 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas DivorceMelanie Griffith has filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas ... TMZ has learned.

Griffith's legal docs cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for ending her 18-year marriage.

In the docs -- filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser -- Griffith is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody, although it's pretty much moot -- Stella, their only child together, turns 18 in September.

Griffith is also asking for spousal support.

The legal docs do not list the date of separation.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the divorce is amicable.  As for dividing property, we're told it's a little complicated ... they have lots of real estate, both in the U.S. and Spain.

This is Griffith's 4th divorce.   She was twice married to Don Johnson and also married to Steve Bauer.

It's Banderas' second divorce.

0606_melanie_griffith_antonio_banderas_split_footer_v2

Donald Gorobegko

It makes me have to wonder. How many times does a woman have to fall in love, before they are in love, how many kids with different last names does it take, how many marriages, before they get it right and you have to wonder why I stayed single.

Truthbetold

I'm actually surprised they lasted 18 years. I remember the turmoil when they first got together.

angie

I'm trying to recall ANY Hollywood marriage that's lasted.

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I'm surprised it lasted this long.

paul a.

he has aged nicely, her not so much

Donna

OMG Melanie you look awful. Why dont you get some more work done. That man stayed with you looking like that. He is probably thanking his lucky stars to be rid of you.

JJJ

So sad they were together for a long time! Good luck to them! Please visit my facebook page for this worthy cause to help my friend and her daughter move into a new home. Seeking donations and likes! www.facebook.com/DonateForNewHome or http://www.kapipal.com/b52847b181ff45779ddeda67e9b96bbe

Diana

I don't see why she needs spousal support. She has her own money. It's a shame. He stood by her through all her addictions.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

She has the most agitating, squealing voice I've ever heard. But she is a humble doll, in person.

Ming the Merciless

Translation: He's been dying for a divorce from this scary witch for years. She finally agreed to it, as long as he would let her say that it was her idea... Antonio is a very nice guy, but she's always been a crazy nutcase and now she's an old and ugly crazy nutcase. Time for her to buy a dozen cats and become a crystal healer.

tony

He can do so much better . She hit the wall 20 years ago.

mkope1

Good move, that woman is a mess

SGT. Ryan Anderson USMC

Maybe she shouldn't be so picky, looking like a stretch-Armstrong doll left out in the sun.

Gustav LaFong

Melanie gets to be single again. Antonio gets back his dignity.

marc

she so old now she won't be abl to get married and if it happens it will be for any money she has left.she will be so alone as she gets old.