Usher

Justin Bieber Made Bad Choices

... But He's No Racist

6/7/2014 8:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0607-usher-justin-bieber-02Usher is finally speaking out about the videos that surfaced this month showing his protege Justin Bieber using the n-word ... and even though he wasn't happy, Usher says J.B. is no bigot.

Usher took to Instagram Saturday posting a pic of he and Biebs with a long caption describing how he feels ... he explains, "As I have watched Justin Bieber navigate difficult waters as a young man, I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist."

He adds, "What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs. What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes."

For those of you keeping track ... Usher, Whoopi Goldberg, Mike Tyson, Young Money, Floyd Mayweather and Souljah Boy have all voiced support for Justin, who has already apologized.

060714_justin_bieber_launch

RandomTMZWater

I don't think Bieber is a racist anymore than I think Mel is one. Sometimes, people stay stupid crap. Particularly in Mel's case, he was drunk, he was over-whelmed with a crazy girl friend and he snapped. I've SAID stupid crap in the past I wished I could take back.

Eric Hardeman

surprise surprise, another artist supports Justin with the "he was too young to understand" bull**** excuse

**** this world

yuranidiot

I wonder how much did he get paid for saying that?

missdiva22

who ****ing cares move on people he mademisske we all makemisskes in life so what ****ing

boo boo

Weird that Beaver's parents never say anything - nothing...

Astrogenotype

Usher learned two things from Michael Jackson: how to be a good entertainer and despite how enormous it may be, he learned why not to get a nose job

NoDickbutting

Yes...yes he is racist....yall black folk just love to pick and choose

Hiro

He's not racist, he's my paycheck. - Usher

Faunmax

So you get to pick and choose who's a racist and who isn't......... no way, it should apply to all or none.

Marina326

I'm def not a JB fan but kids say and do stupid stuff. We're prob all grateful our mistakes weren't filmed and then used to humiliate us later. He's still young and he continues to make bad decisions - but they r his to make.

I hate TMZ

Y

static

All the people listed who are giving that little turd a pass are hypocrites and by the way they damn sure don't speak for all black people just the 1%er sellouts.

JustAnotherFatAmerican

Yeah but he's still a douche.

natae

...OMG ,Usher.... RESPECT!....

Michelle

Oh, so JB calling black people the "N" word is not racist but Donald Sterling telling whats-her-name not to bring "black" people to his games is a racist. That's the problem with ALL OF THIS