Casey Kasem

Daughters to Pull Life Support

6/11/2014 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Casey Kasem Life Support
Legendary DJ Casey Kasem will live out his final days this week surrounded by his children ... who have made the decision to withhold medication, food and fluids.

The judge in Casey's conservatorship case just reversed a ruling which required doctors to keep him alive with nourishment and meds.

The 82-year-old is currently in a Washington hospice facility.

Casey's kids tell TMZ ... their dad's health directive document states, "If the extension of my life would result in mere biological existence, devoid of cognitive function, with no reasonable hope for normal functioning, then I do not desire any form of life-sustaining procedures, including nutrition and hydration."

Casey's wife Jean was in court and furious over the judge's decision, storming out and screaming that the kids will have Casey's blood on their hands.

0515_casey_kasem_through_the_years_footer

GOV SUX

FOR GOD SAKE'S LET THE MAN DIE WITH DIGINITY, 82 NO MORE LIFE SUPPORT!!!!!! IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S COMING BACK TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE......

Doreen Monica

How many of you have sat bedside with your loved one as they lay there at deaths door? You already know how heartbreaking it is to hear them drowning in their own fluids. I am told that gurgling sound is called the "Death Rattle". It is the most gut wrenching sound you will ever hear and you will never forget it. It is then you will pray for death to come as quickly as possible, as hard as that is to imagine. RIP Casey and prayers to your children during this most difficult time.

John C.

Casey, gonna miss you ... right along with the Wolfman. KFWB, Channel 98 ..Color Radio !

Peppa92

Victory for Kasey, his children are honoring his wishes to not be kept alive and lay dying in a bed, being fed through a tube, urinating and defacating into a diaper. I am a R.N. In the ICU, I know it's hard for families to make this decision, I've seen it time and time again. I am so relieved when family withdrawal care of a very sick patient. They suffer more when kept alive through artificial means. What are his wife's true motives for keeping him alive? And she should move out if California if she hates it so much.

Lisa

Since when can a child go to a judge and have a decision overturned that had been granted to the spouse?

Livvie

His wife is a loon.

jayndeb

no family values

Diana

So his feelings, clearly stated in his advanced directive mean nothing to her. Just her need to wrestle control away from his kids. Well it is in keeping with the bitch subsequent wife role she chose for herself.

waycross48

After watching my mother die at home of cancer, I can understand why his children want to withdraw nourishment BUT, I would NEVER withdraw medication. We were too afraid she was in pain and could not let us know. Otherwise, I think his wishes should be followed in this case - not what his wife wants. It seems that the children are trying to do what their father directed.

Sennen

Let him go, with love and dignity. This is not life.

Rigby

That wife is evil. Honor his wishes.

Bill03948

I've been through this myself and believe me... IT SUCKS!!! Especially when family is fighting. It's even harder when you've been setup as POA/Trustee and have been instructed. Not everyone wants to die in a hospital or nursing home. Some want to pass in the comfort of their own home. You need to know this before they get sick and put your foot down and hold your ground. There's always one person who will challenge decisions. Usually for their OWN benefit. Example would be his wife. He instructed to not be left on life support just for the sake of living longer. His wife wants him kept on life support for her own reasons. Usually because they don't want to say goodbye...

Mei

Those same children should be forced to spend all of his last hours at his bed side...no breaks for anything at all. For shame. I seriously doubt that it will be a quiet and easy death and will be long time in coming....

chris

In a living will, that is how it is stated, I went through the same thing with my grandmother, she did not want to be in a vegetative state and be supported by machines or artificial ways, it is a tough call but, glad the kids are seeing the dads last wishes!!

Dot

I'm sorry but a healthcare directive is put in place to let you say what you would want under certain cir***stances at end of life so if he had one that stated this, this is the way it should be. Cssey wanted it this way and so be it. Rest in peace, Casey.