Iggy Azalea

Misguided Over Weird Al Parody

6/14/2014 7:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

061414_iggy_launch_v2
Iggy Azalea
shouldn't be counting her money from the "Fancy" parody Weird Al intends to record ... because she may encounter an insurmountable legal snag.

Yankovic ambushed Iggy backstage at a concert earlier this month -- telling her he wants to record one of her songs -- the 24-year tells us she was flattered.

Iggy says she'll benefit financially because she'll get a licensing fee for use of the song.  Not true.  Since it's a parody ... Al doesn't have to pay a fee.  He may, however, decide to give her a cut, but that is not a licensing fee -- that's called the goodness of his heart.

Iggy is more on point on the subject of Al's hair ... check out the video.

061414_iggy_concert_launch_

ha ha beat you

Since this isn't a donald sterling post, we can all be happy we don't have to see Blue Ugly say something stupid.

Rigby

Lol that song fancy is so lame.

bmwm369

Weird Al should be in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Discuss among yourseleves.......

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

Wow, after not having a clue who she was I checked out the video. All I can say is WOW, what a piece of crap that song is.......

zombie

Never heard of an Iggy Azalea. Don't plan on finding out either.

your mama

I'm already ready for this woman's 15 minutes to be up! Please help me

ariesalyson

Her real name is Amethyst Amelia. She took the stage name Iggy because that was the name of her childhood dog and Azalea because that was the name of the street she grew up on. So I guess that makes her a biotch from the streets.

Emrules17

What people don't understand is Weird Al doesn't have to ask permission to parody anyone's song. He does that out of sheer respect. So to think that you'll also be making a profit from the parody is ludicrous.

smurfya

I don't care what anyone says, I liked UHF!!

Monksolo

I'm pretty sure if you copy someone's music, you have to pay, parody or not.

Max Smart

What dip$h#t wrote this. The music is protected by copyright law. Doh!

PokeFangirl

Her ponytail is a weave and most of the time she is wearing a full wig.

ria

Ugh! This wanna be rapper! Get permanently lost. She is else wack.

Edddie Nash

Iggy is cool. She deserves all her success for grinding with her mixtapes and never giving up. Weird Al will pay her. Weird Al is from the Hood. Grew up on the Compton/Lynwood border behind the Compton swapmeet in the 70's. So he's an official G.

Nairb69

Harvey wonders if Iggy knows who he is? I didn't know who she was until about 2 weeks ago. As far as the whole copy right thing. He doesn't need permission but ask out of respect. He may have to pay something because he's using their music? I not sure. I'll say this, since I was in Jr High I've seen him in concert 3x. He puts a funny show. You don't have to worry about foul talk, dirty antics, or sleazy dressing. A lot of geeks in the crowd, but that's about it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments