« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Terry Bradshaw

I Won't Apologize

For 'Tasteless' Peyton Manning Joke

6/19/2014 3:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0619-bradshaw-manning-tmz-getty-01
Terry Bradshaw admits his joke about Peyton Manning habitually choking in Super Bowls was "tasteless" ... but he tells TMZ Sports he sure as hell won't apologize for it. 

Bradshaw's been getting some heat ever since he took aim at Manning during his 1-man show, "America's Favorite Dumb Blonde" earlier this week and said:

"Peyton Manning, considered the best quarterback to play the game today. Nobody would argue with that -- if you like winning good during the season and losing Super Bowls, that’s your guy."



Now, Bradshaw tells TMZ Sports ... "I got caught up in the moment -- it just popped out."

But he's adamant he wasn't trying to be mean to Peyton -- he was just making a harmless joke -- and says there's absolutely no need to apologize.

"Does Jay Leno call and apologize to people when he makes a joke about them?"

Bradshaw says he respects Peyton as "one of the greatest QBs ever" -- and thinks Peyton will probably think the whole thing is funny. 

Let's hope he's right.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!
68 COMMENTS

No Avatar
1.

scott    

Terry Bradshaw's an ass- what else can be said.. a bitter old ass...

41 days ago
2.

Tarkus    

Joking or not, Terry's right...

41 days ago
3.

TheOriginalDonald    

Remember kids-Terry Bradshaw won FOUR Super Bowls, whereas Peyton RETIRE ALREADY Manning only won one.

41 days ago
4.

goldenageoftakes    

ahem,,@PFTCommenter had it first on twiter and SBNation- realize that by doing this your no better then obamacare or liberal's who take away prideful names.

41 days ago
5.

lourdgoogoo    

Others have said this as well, and they were not joking.

41 days ago
6.

thebigalphamale    

Bradshaw is one of the few guys who can make that joke, since he has a few rings and was a superbowl mvp... he isnt perfect and had some crap games in the playoffs, but all that matters at the end of the career is how many rings (and money you end up with) you got and he has 4, so he can talk smack if he wants

41 days ago
7.

steb0ne    

Terry Bradshaw old ass? The one who never even had a 4,000 yard passing season!?? The same Bradshaw with 212 TDs and 210 INTs?!? LoL! Peyton Manning didn't exactly play with 'The Steel Curtain'!! Bradshaw won on a TEAM that was one of the all time great defenses!! Peyton Manning played on a time that probably wasnt in the top half of the league with only a few years of a solid run game! I'd bet Bradshaw wouldn't have won in Indy!

41 days ago
8.

courtenay    

what is your prob w peyton ? maybe because hes a better quaterback than you ever were
big indy fan

41 days ago
9.

celtics34    

Good you shouldn't have to apologize people need to chill out say and feel however you want People are to sensitive these days

41 days ago
10.

PokeFangirl    

It's mean but it's true, both the choking thing and comedians getting a free pass to say almost whatever they want.

41 days ago
11.

wharke    

Well, the dumb hick was never known for his brainpower. He's like a cartoon of himself.

41 days ago
12.

indytims    

Why isn't Bradshaw taking a shot at Marino, or Kelly? Because Manning is a current player, and Bradshaw is looking to attract attention with his 'hick is funny' style. He's always been a clown.

41 days ago
13.

dave    

Terry Bradshaw was fun to watch. His field leadership which doesn't show in the stats, played a major role in the Steelers' success. Some say he is one of the few people who can make the joke he did which is why is looks bad doing so.

41 days ago
14.

Jay    

What would apologize for--being correct? Only a moron thinks Peyton plays well in the clutch. 90% of the time he chokes in the playoffs. The other 10% he's adequate.

41 days ago
15.

Mike I    

No one ever said the TRUTH didn't hurt--but it's still the truth !!

40 days ago
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web