Les Moonves

Congrats to Netflix ...

Chelsea's Just Too Raw for CBS

6/22/2014 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062014_moonves_launchIt sounds like Chelsea Handler was never in the mix to replace David Letterman or Craig Ferguson ... because CBS head honcho Les Moonves says her comedy isn't a great fit for broadcast TV.

Moonves was leaving E Baldi in Beverly Hills on Thursday when our photog asked him for his opinion about the news Handler was going to host a talk show for Netflix starting in 2016.

The always honest Moonves said he thought the move was great for Chelsea because her "material will fit Netflix better" than it would on broadcast television.

Sounds like a win for everyone involved.

Fabienne

Both Craig F. and Chelsea H. have a dark, dry sense of humor. The demographic that loves Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo and those southern eating while mud biking shows wouldn't be in to CH or CF. So let the ad filled networks have the red neck thing and Netflix's subscribers can enjoy Chelsea. Both win.

Rigby

Chelsea sucks balls

Cally

Couldn't agree more. I think everyone who thinks Chelsea Handler is funny/worth watching should pay to watch it, and everyone else should have a Chelsea-free TV screen.

She is abrasive, crude, cruel, unfunny, jaded, boring.

She has NO place in late night entertainment (as has become obvious - and she'better take Moonves' assessment with good grace, No-One is ever going to say it nicer than that!) ... she's not interesting, she has no appeal, and I'm female, but I don't want her on the screen just for the sake of "having a female there". Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher, John Oliver ... I am more than happy that they represent my view, as female. I don't think through my ovaries, I think through my brain ... and my brain agrees with what their brains are saying, and ... all good.

Whoever thought TV needed "a female, ANY female, no matter how awful" was wrong. Put Chelsea on Netflix just like Les Moonves says, if people want that, they'll buy it, win-win.

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

And when Les says "too raw"....he's just talking about her knees!

Anarchyinanaheim

CBS is for old ladies that watch survivor and amazing race.

MyOpinionOnly

Chelsea Handler is a horrible comic. She is more of a bully and uses being a woman as an excuse to get what she wants. Glad to see she will not be on tv. Chelsea is the picture to the definition of C U N T.

FlamingoNut

I love her show. It's funny, but it's really all about her Round Table guests. I saw one of her standup shows a few years ago, and she sucked. Heather McDonald kicked her ass in the comedy department. Chelsea was drunk & slurred her way through the show. Never went to another one.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3