Wolfgang Puck

Sued Over Bum Pressure Cooker

Soup Exploded All Over Me!

6/23/2014 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Wolfgang Puck SuedA Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker went haywire ... shooting scalding hot soup all over a New Jersey woman's body ...  so says the lady who is now suing the famous cook.

Larysa Moccia claims she used her pressure cooker approximately 10 times during the year she owned it, making soup on each occasion.

She claims she followed the directions to the tee -- unplugging the pressure cooker, waiting 30 minutes, then venting the pressure.

But on May 21, 2012 ... Moccia claims after the pressure cooker indicator gave the all clear to open the lid ... she says she slowly removed it ... then, suddenly, she says the lid popped off and burning hot liquid exploded onto her abdomen and upper extremities.

Moccia claims the lid was supposed to remain locked when the contents were pressurized, but it failed.

She's suing Wolfgang, HSN and others.

We reached out to Wolfgang and HSN ... they had no comment.

Chris

I've seen him sell these things on HSN and he always guarantees that they can't possibly explode. I hate pressure cookers!

Rigby

.... use a crocpot.

kewljewl

User error.

bart

Pressure cookers are extremely dangerous and you should only buy the top well made brands not the junk the HSN or QVC sells. A celebrity chef mostly likely will want to make a profit and use cheaper materials and a lesser quality maker. I say buy what the professionals use at a respected appliance dealer that will also teach you how to use the cooker. I just don't think home chefs should play with a dangerous cooking appliance and Mr. Puck should know that about pressure cookers. I know professional chefs that stay away from them because of the danger of the exploding when trying to release the top.

slavnar

I have used a pressure cooker for decades. My mom has one from the 1940s in fact. It's solid steel and heavy as can be. It also lets steam escape out of the top without having to open it. She did something wrong. Simply put, if she had waited the proper amount of time the steam would have cooled off and condensed into water.

Grim reaper

Let me guess she a black lady they sue for everything

The Maharincess of Franistan

Pressure cookers are extremely dangerous. My grandma had one back about 40 years ago and I remember how careful she was when she used it. Back then, they were made of cast iron. These days they're using plastic. Not worth the potential injury.

01void

The pressure cooker didn't explode, it probably was the wolf getting off

MRJKAVL

He's just he celebrity sponsor, he doesn't make these. This lawsuit if anything, will be directed to the company that makes the product, for negligence. Not Wolfgang or HSN. That's like saying if I burned myself on a George Foreman grill, I'm going to sue George and WalMart where I bought it from. Give me a break.

Anarchyinanaheim

probably that bastard Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sold it to Wolfgang.

Cookie Lady

Hey Wolfgang! I use your Bistro cookware and I love it. I don't do pressure cookers though, because everyone knows if they are under too much pressure they'll explode. But keep those Bistro pots and pans coming. They look great hanging in my kitchen!

get real

Unplug 30 Minutes befire opening? He doesnt tell u that on HSN....

get real

Wolfgang is a Perv on TV... Makes some very coy remarks to the hosts.

FREEDOM

KEEP ON BUYING THINGS MADE IN CHINA....

lourdgoogoo

I love pressure cookers, and cook my Thanksgiving turkey in mine. It comes out tender and juicy. It is the old type and not electric.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments