'The View'

Firing Massacre

6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The View Fired Sherri Shepherd Jenny McCarthy

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out.   Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back.  We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Shepherd posted a photo on Instagram Thursday night, saying, "Mr @DonnieWahlberg always takes care of his ladies @jennyannmccarthy & me! To be continued... ;O)"

0626-sherrie-sheperd-instagram

0627_the_view_cast_then_and_now_footer

L

Tripe for the mindless minions.

staciegirl

The View is right up there w/ MSNBC.

Vinny

I'm really bummed. What am I going to watch while I'm dropping a deuce.

Noah Fing-Whey

Whooper has to be the worst.

Concerned21

I love Whoopi and Jenny but not together. The view needed to shake it up when Eilsabeth left. Sherri's time is up and she should concentrate on her new baby due in July. I would like to see Rosie come back and I love Ross Mathews.

gingerlover

Whoopi should have been the first to go. Cancel the show period!

linda

i think barbara is behind this. she loves whoopie for what ever reason. i happen to like jenny. sherri is okay. but she has a ton going on in her life now so maybe she should leave but not jenny. she does kind of take over. but i dont see that as bad. i dont know if i will watch it after they go. i dvr it every day but i may stop

Rikki Doxx

The Five what ....???

artemis133

The only time I might see The View is when I'm forced to see it in the waiting room of my Dr.'s office. That show gives me a migraine and I wouldn't watch it voluntarily.

SoWhat

Just cancel the damn show, it's a joke and always has been and the very little credibility it may have had disappeared when they hired that nutjob McCarthy. She should have never been given a platform like that to spew her insane garbage from.

mrmiller508

Just cancel that it now too much drama

Noah Fing-Whey

I've never understood the appeal of BW! She has a face for radio and a voice for cartoons. Same with the Whoopster. The pot smokers saved her.

ariesalyson

Oh well!!

mrmiller508

And jenny is a star f%#$er

ariesalyson

Isn't the View kind of like the Talk?