'The View'

Firing Massacre

6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The View Fired Sherri Shepherd Jenny McCarthy

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out.   Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back.  We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Shepherd posted a photo on Instagram Thursday night, saying, "Mr @DonnieWahlberg always takes care of his ladies @jennyannmccarthy & me! To be continued... ;O)"

0626-sherrie-sheperd-instagram

0627_the_view_cast_then_and_now_footer

gtgt

I'm very happy to hear this! I didn't care for Jenny because she had to filter. She just said what was on her mind. I used to like Sherry but she became to full of herself! She had a tendency to make things about race & it would get on my nerves. There's no wonder her husband got sick of her too. I really like Whoopi, she could carry on a conversation intelligently. I could see how she would become frustrated with Sherry & Jenny. I miss the show where the women were intelligent & able to carry on a decent conversation. So thank you who ever made this decision because I will tune in to see how the show transpires!

Nathan

In my opinion The View became irrelevant after Rosie left. Bring her back and you'll have an interesting show. I like Whoopi but she doesn't fit on that show at all. It's weird.

Daron

Who is Ross Matthew? Who is Jesse Palmer?

hawki511

wow, the two people I cant tolerate on the show, can't say i'm upset about it! what really irritates me is that the two of them have this segment where they bash celebs, but yet they talk about bullying people, isn't that bullying?
all Jennie talks about is Donnie Donnie Donnie, need new material and all Sherrie does is cry!

Lori

I'll miss Sherri, but she does have this big divorce and a baby on the way... her plate is full. I have not watched it at all this past season with Jenny McCarthy on there... I may watch it again once she is gone.

nico

Jenny bad mouths the Liberal Dhhipschittt Clinton's and boom fired. But they keep that woopie idiot lol

johngol

imagine that the ultra liberal high school drop out is left

gegeok

TMZ..got Sherri axed...reporting on her dumb hubby every week!!!

acm

About time. Good move ABC; now I believe I can safely watch 'The View' again.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

Nobody cares what a dumb whore like Jenny McCarthy thinks and that goes double fit that big mouth Sheri Sheperd.

J

McCarthy's tweet even makes her sound like an a$$. What a truly unlikable person she is.

ILL LIFE

LMFAO. How many ****s did jenny suck for that job? She is talentless and a ****ing ashtray smelling hag.

reason1984

Should have been fired when she defended Roman Polanski's rape and drugging of a child.

Nancy Kovacs

I only watched because of Jenny and Sherri! Best two! No more view for me!

Piquerish

I care. Only not very much.