Robert Downey Jr.

Son Arrested for Coke Possession (UPDATE)

6/30/2014 3:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Robert Downey Jr Son Arrested

update_graphic_red_bar
8:00 AM PDT:  Robert Downey Jr. just released the following statement to TMZ: “Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."

Downey adds ... "We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”
update_grey_gray_bar
Robert Downey Jr.'
s son was arrested for cocaine possession in West Hollywood Sunday afternoon ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told Indio Downey was a passenger in a car at around 2 PM PT when cops drove up along side the vehicle and noticed the passenger was smoking something out of a pipe.

An L.A. County Sheriff's deputy pulled the car over, did a search and allegedly found cocaine in Indio's possession.  He was arrested and taken to jail for possession of cocaine.

20-year-old Indio -- who appeared in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -- posted his $10K bail and was released just after midnight Sunday.

Robert Downey Jr. famously struggled with drug addiction and ended up in prison.  The drugs that got him in so much trouble -- cocaine and heroin.

0630_celebrity_kids_troubled_times_footer

sophiastormy

runs in the family. time to legalize all drugs, and let people od or die if they want too. war on drugs is useless.

Charles

Rdj was doing so well. I hope he's not back on drugs. Seems like he was the one smoking and his son is taking the fall for him.

prizonbitch

Man it just keeps getting crazier over there in hollywierd!!

ShotGunA

I hope he can stay clean. His dad is a true testament of what getting sober can do for you!

Kristinajp

Omg..this is the second article of the day. I feel sick already. Just an fyi addicts have a gene in their brain. If you google addiiction there is plenty of evidence this is hereditary. Please if you have family members with addiction don't even try any of it. I have lost 3 people. If Obama really wanted to do something grand he should have finished what President Reagan tried to do. If you think addiction doesn't affect you go to a narcotics anonymous meeting. ..My ex was a clean cut acct, my best friends brother (who died of heroin overdose 2 yrs ago a dr and recently I had to ask a tenant/roommate to move. She was ER nurse. The are among you and don't look like what you think an addicts look like. They affect all of us and I am tired of losing those I love to this disease ; ( please help someone you know by outing them. They can't get help until people know they have a problem, especially family members. ..

my2cents

Girls and boys, today's magic phrase is "Like father, Like son". All together now!

Nikki

Great headline 😒 the pic and headline are meant to make people think RDJ himself is back on drugs. You guys suck.

M. Jones

Heartbreaking.

rsmik

Dumbass

Faith

I feel soooo bad for Robert it's not even funny after all the hell he went through this happens! Praying for the whole family

Duchess

Apple don't fall too far from the tree. Eh? Anyway, it's only a lil bit of coke...right of passage in LA

Keyser Söze

Of all the people who should know better than to try that crap...

Guess he'll have to learn it the hard way, just like his father did.

Jackie

Like Father like son.

Jackie

I hope his father slap the hell out of him.

Gamergal86

I hope his SON gets the help he needs or else bad things will happen worse than this.