Robert Downey Jr.

Son Arrested for Coke Possession (UPDATE)

6/30/2014 3:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Robert Downey Jr Son Arrested

update_graphic_red_bar
8:00 AM PDT:  Robert Downey Jr. just released the following statement to TMZ: “Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."

Downey adds ... "We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”
update_grey_gray_bar
Robert Downey Jr.'
s son was arrested for cocaine possession in West Hollywood Sunday afternoon ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told Indio Downey was a passenger in a car at around 2 PM PT when cops drove up along side the vehicle and noticed the passenger was smoking something out of a pipe.

An L.A. County Sheriff's deputy pulled the car over, did a search and allegedly found cocaine in Indio's possession.  He was arrested and taken to jail for possession of cocaine.

20-year-old Indio -- who appeared in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -- posted his $10K bail and was released just after midnight Sunday.

Robert Downey Jr. famously struggled with drug addiction and ended up in prison.  The drugs that got him in so much trouble -- cocaine and heroin.

0630_celebrity_kids_troubled_times_footer

man930

Prayers for his recovery. .

david 183

Must've had prior arrests or a lot of drugs to have a bail that high. Being that his father has sobriety himself he can guide him in the right direction. Hopefully he will follow them.

hurst

You take Sally I'll take Sue, no difference between the two, Cocaine runnin round my brain.

DogsRule

GOOD LUCK TO HIM! Your Father Beat The Demons, Hoping You Can Also!

negreat

I guess Jr son must not have a father to watch out for him, he is probably to busy doing his illegal acts

cindy

Such a shame he got his dad's gene's. I got my dad's alcoholism gene. I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone. It is a hard, terrible disease.

LT1014

That's what happens when you let nannies, cars, mansions and drugs raise your kids. Wish him the best but it should be a lesson to a lot of hollywood actors with kids.

krazyinvt

I hope that after what his father went through that he can get his son the help he needs. He was able to bring himself back from the brink of disaster. I wish him luck with his son.

Waka Waka Waka

Time to bust out the ol' rolodex

captainsparks

While addiction is hereditary, you have to start the drug to become addicted in the first place (obviously). So why the son began using drugs after witnessing his fathers struggle to get clean is beyond me. But luckily this boy has a lot of support behind him. He'll need it. Good luck to the family as they overcome this..

Patty

There is a genetic component to addiction. Dont start using drugs and you will not get addicted. Blame yourself for being stupid and trying it in the first place. Genetic component my butt. Dont do drugs.

pip

So sad I hope he gets help . Addiction is a terrible thing ;-(

Bossy Potato

Yeah, not surprising that his son followed in his fathers footsteps.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That "genetic component" are what the drug dealers are counting on.

Patty

Robert's father let him smoke pot when he was 8 years old. It is no surprise that this kid is following in his fathers footsteps. You choose to use drugs. Nobody force this spoiled kid to smoke cocaine. I dont feel sorry for him at all. But I bet he gets off with a warning.