« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp Waitress

I DIDN'T INSULT SAPP

... He Wayyyyy Overreacted

7/2/2014 1:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

070214_warren_sapp_waitress_launch

The waitress who got stiffed by Warren Sapp says she never tried to INSULT the ex-NFL star ... claiming he simply OVERREACTED when she approached the table and said, "Hey boys."

The waitress -- who goes by Corey -- called in to the Andy Slater Show on WINZ in Miami and said she went up to Warren's table and said, "Hey boys what can I get you to drink?"

Corey said Warren stopped her in her tracks and said, "We're not boys. I'm a man!"

Corey says she then used other names like "sugar" and "honey" to address Sapp.

The waitress also says she was NOT the one who posted Sapp's receipt to the Internet -- but she did throw a family member under the bus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

harvey is racist

i suspected she must've done something...

how do you go up to grown ass men talking about "hey boys...."

she probably did it to sound and look cool but its just insulting. smh

Grobzugig

A black man that doesn't tip??!!!! Say it isn't so.

Bridget

Were they at a strip club? Why does she think that it is good customer service to use condescending names? I was at the hospital the other day and a nurse kept calling me sweety and honey. I wanted to smack her, lol.

wharke

This buffoon's whole persona is based on his exaggerated mannerisms, so it's perfectly believable that he was overreacting.

FREEDOM

NO MAN STIFFS WOMEN, PUNK BOYS BULLY WOMEN....

FREEDOM

HE HASN'T SAID," RACIST!"

lourdgoogoo

She was trying to be cute, rather than be a professional.

ta2cutie

I am a bartender. I never approach a group of men & call them boys. I say gentleman, I say guys & I do say babe and hun cause I am from the south. Never would I use the word boys.

ta2cutie

Just like I would never say girls to a group of females. Common sense....not everyone has it.

englishpetal

I dont see nothing wrong with it but then again it is common place to call groups of men or women boys/lads and girls/ladies in the uk, at least where I am from. Then again some people dont like it each to their own but no need to be an arsshole abouttit. leaving no tip thats his perogative but writing boys dont leave tips, bit much.

K South West

Leave that lady alone! Boy!

William Mills

Warren Saap IS a boy though......unless he is a girl. Humans are either boys or girls, regardless what age they are. When he was born the doctor smacked him on the ass and said what......"it's a boy", and unless he has a sex change operation.....he will continue to be a boy his entire life. I think he's a chump for not tipping her, and getting all butt hurt about being called something that he technically is.....a boy....and he is certainly not helping the stereotype that black people don't tip. Some people have to work really hard for not that much money....do you really think she was intentionally trying to offend her customer, and a rich one at that......Warren Saap is a chump!!!!

tgrfan42069

what a douche he is.

cld361

She was being cute and got what she deserved. I do not appreciate being called babe, honey, girl and a few more. Also using that term with certain ethnic guys can get you hurt.

leonard

what MAN stiffs a waitress? Broke ass punk is such a little crybaby his black ass was only gonna tip a dollar anyway