Cameo Singer

Lawsuit Is the Code Word

After Allegedly Trashing Home

7/14/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711_larry_blackmon_house_trashed_inside_photos_launch
update_graphic_red_bar
2:00 PM PT -- Blackmon's rep says the allegations are false ... and he's looking forward to settling it in court.
update_grey_gray_bar
Cameo
front man Larry Blackmon trashed his Atlanta rental home and left it littered with dog poop ... according to a landlord who's going after the singer for back rent and property damage.

Blackmon -- famous singer of the 80s hit "Word Up" -- is about to be sued by National Lender Services for $6K in unpaid rent.

A rep for NLS tells us they slapped him with eviction papers to get Blackmon to leave, and he finally cleared out at the beginning of July.

We're told Larry left the place covered with trash ... along with ruined carpets, holes in walls, damaged appliances ... and dog feces all over the deck.

NLS estimates the damage at $10K ... and they plan on suing him for that too. So far, we haven't heard back from Blackmon's camp.

Now, all you sucker DJs who think you're fly ...

071114_cameo_music_vid_launch

BlindFury

Weak story TMZ!!! That is hardly trashed!

Kobe_No_Means_No

If this was a white man they'd just spend 10 minutes to clean it up. Because he's black, and half-a-celebrity at that (although I've never even heard of the brother), you have this fake drama from NLS. But that's just how it is in the real world. They know with a last name of Blackmon you don't stand a chance in court. Truth.

Jazzi

Love Cameo!

static

It's racism.

gracesully412

He could always make money by going on tour with other 80's groups. Cameo was very talented. I wish him well. It must be a slow day at TMZ.

toddpugz7111

Giordi Laforge in a music video?

Dawn

You haven't lived if you've never heard 'Candy', ' Back and Forth' or 'She's Strange'. Pure 80s Gold.

Lu

I wonder if he left behind his leather jock strap in there as well?

TuxThePenguin

it's really not that dirty. this is a non-story. cameo was great.

Amy

I've never heard of the guy or the group he's "famous" for...is that a large bug in one of the pics??

lourdgoogoo

Some paint and new carpeting hardly add up to $10k. I have seen a few "trashed" places, and that was far from it.

Sonja

Oh for heavens sake ... welcome to the world of renting. Yes they did leave a bit of a mess but I don't see any damage that could not be covered by a coat of paint on some molding, some sticker removal and a good carpet cleaning.. nothing that the security shouldn't cover. I saw no holes in the wall, broken windows or damaged woodwork or floors. Leaving a leaky faucet, toilet or roof to do serious damage, or urine soaked rugs/floors ... painting whole rooms black with old gummy paint.. those are property damage.. LOL

Firefly

Look Larry went and put a big old TMZ on the wall........I'd be pissed too if I were the owner.

J.D.

What a shame...Cameo was awesome!

s_megma

One of the great rules in life:

Don't rent to black people. I made that mistake. One family, it took me a few months to evict. They invoked Jesus and God in their conversations. A bunch of hypocrites. Another trashed my place. I sued him and one, then he filed bankruptcy to avoid paying me. Another one trashed another home. I was f@#$ing stupid. Fool me twice and thrice, shame on me.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments