'Big Brother'

Ariana Grande Hides Grandpa's Death

From Brother Frankie

7/23/2014 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Ariana Grande Grandpa Died"Big Brother" is now keeping a deep secret  -- something that could derail the show if revealed too soon -- and it involves the death of one of Ariana Grande's relatives.

Ariana's grandfather died Tuesday.  He's also the grandpa of Ariana's brother, Frankie Grande, who's a contestant on "Big Brother."

It seems just before he died the grandfather knew Frankie might bail from the show if he found out, so one of grandpa's last wishes was to keep his death a secret from Frankie.

Ariana was chronicling her grandpa's illness ... recently posting pictures with him in the hospital.  But Frankie never saw them per the rules of the show.

Ariana made her grandfather's wishes clear, tweeting, "asked grandps last week if he wanted us to pull frankie off bb & he said "no way! he's gotta play the game even tho i don't understand it"

It seems from the "Big Bro" live feeds ... Frankie is still in the dark over his grandpa's death.
update_graphic_red_bar
7:00 PM PT -- Producers just told Frankie about the death.

0723-subasset-arianna-grande-instagram

The Universe

A very talented Italian singer.

Mschai22

Rest in peace, Grandpa :-( my condolences to the Grande Family.

Erin

change this headline or i will no longer watch your show or read your website!!! Honor this mans last request. WTF is wrong with you?!? His last wish was to NOT tell frankie the news. He wants frankie to finish the game of BB. Ariana has no control over this information. I am beyond angry and sick over your headline. How the f*uck do you people sleep at night? Let this family grieve how they choose.

Taylor

This is a very tricky situation to handle. Just telling Frankie about the death will completely change his attitude and actions on the show (assuming he stays, which I doubt he would). As a Big Brother viewer, I can say that Frankie has a chance of winning, but with his celebrity status, if he wanted to leave the show the producers would most likely let him come back for another season. I personally think they should tell him, but I can definitely see why they aren't.

Jordan

$350K is not enough money to keep me away from my dying Grandfather.

FlamingoNut

OMG people, READ the story.

Grandpa didn't want Frankie to know.
Grandpa wanted Frankie to finish the show.
It was Grandpa's last wishes.
Frankie will probably be angry & upset, but will realize how much his Grandpa truly loved him...

Hugh Janus

He's going to be devastated! Even if their grandfather wanted this, this guy is going to be DEVASTED!

Hugh Janus

*devastated

Loan Shark

Class Act TMZ... does this really need to be reported? At least you did not post videos of him on his deathbed like you did with Steve Jobs.

Cry Baby

He is so annoying, I hope he gets kicked out soon.

static

Absolutely NFI who they are.

Unbroken Chain

Im sorry his grandpa died, but I watched the first episode and this guy totally sucks. He alone made me turn it off. They need to vote him Off immediately or I won't watch

LuLu1024 👀

I thought America loved Frankie..idk what's wrong with y'all lol!

tucker

Awwh, how sad. I'm sorry for them. I can see a resemblance between Frankie and his grandfather. Rest in peace, sir.

Spunky Funk

You guys are all stupid. Presence is not required in death or at a funeral. People can mourn privately and quietly too, you know. Not everyone has to make a spectacle of it in order to prove they care. Humans are so idiotic.