« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MMA Robbery Hero

It's My Dream To Fight In UFC

7/28/2014 8:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0727-mayura-dissanayake-facebook
The MMA fighter who BEAT THE LIVING CRAP out of 3 scumbags during a robbery in Houston tells TMZ Sports he wants to go from the gas station to the Octagon ... to fight in the UFC.

The video has been exploding on the Internet -- showing Mayura Dissanyake unleashing the fury outside the Fuel Depot when he saw his co-worker getting robbed outside.

Now, Mayura -- a former MMA champ in Sri Lanka -- says he hopes his new found fame helps him get a shot with the greatest MMA organization on the planet.

"I want to make it to the UFC. That is my dream ... the whole reason I moved to the States"

UFC boss Dana White has already taken notice -- telling us he "LOVED" the footage and considers Mayura a hero.

Mayura says he has a fight in Houston next month -- and hopes he can prove he's got what it takes.

In fact, Mayura tells us he's still training 5-days-a-week ... when he's not manning the register at the gas station ... and says he loves his job because it works around his MMA schedule.

"The policy [at Fuel Depot] is ... if someone steals something, I'm told to not chase after them. But in this instance it wasn't someone stealing something, it was my friend who was in trouble.  I HAD to help."

072814_mma_fight_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jay

DAAAAMN that dudes boys just left him to get knocked the F**K out!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BREAKFAST4

D A M N.

funkybarfly

What does this have to do with Zayne Malik being a homosexual muslim and terrorist lover? Unless this guy were to beat the crap out of the Pakistani popster.I'd like to see that.

Ray8

Now this is a true friend. That first right. Wow! Just glad the other guys did not pull any guns.

princess

I wish there were more men like that nowadays. I had a man at a grocery store parking lot following me and screaming at me "do you want to ****". Not one person offered help. I had to go after him with a bat I keep in my car to get him away from me

Don DeLuxxe

Swift justice!

Demi

Dana White, as a Pay per view buyer, give this guy a chance! Please c'mon.....

Jessica

That's how they get down in Houston.

static

Dana you gave Kimbo Slice a shot so why not hook this dude up?

Bison

That dude is bad @##, I liked watching him unload on those degenerates. Give him a chance.

EL444

Hahahaha wussy lil thugs getting laughed at by ppl around the world. How tough u feel now boys? GIVE THE KID A CHANCE, IF NOT JUST FOR BEING A HERO!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Love how he kicks the dude early in the vidwo and mofo runs back to the suv. Classic. I'm outtie... lol

Thugnificent

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!

lourdgoogoo

I could see him doing Ultimate Fighter. He could find out if he has what it takes.

FREEDOM

UFC, PUT HIM IN THE OCTAGON. HE HAS PROVEN HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES......

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments