Yuma The Pig

Porkly Pig Scores Book Deal

But Must Lose Weight First

7/29/2014 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Yuma The Pig Book Deal

"Young and the Restless" star Kevin Schmidt's famous pet -- Yuma the Pig -- has scored a children's book deal and will go on tour to promote it ... but he needs to drop a lot of sausage first.

Yuma's a micro-pig -- which typically weigh 45 lbs ... but has ballooned to more than 80, meaning Kevin and his hog have some serious work to do before she hits the wheels of squeal in September.

In order to make weight, Yuma will be walked 4 times a day and fed only organic meals by a pro chef ... at a cost of $1,000 a week!

Yuma's easily been worth her weight ... having already hammed it up on "A-List Pets" with Ian Ziering, booked several $15,000-a-pop public appearances, launched her own clothing linechalked up 32,000 Twitter followers, and -- not to be forgotten -- recovered nicely from her near-death experience on TMZ Live.

Now if we can only get her off the couch.
 072814_yuma_tmzlive_launch_v2

Clytemnestra

Thirty-two thousand Twitter followers, you say? Remind me to sell my stock.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Beyonce looks slimmer in that photo

funkybarfly

Zayn Malik is offended as a Muslim that you would purposefully post a pig(haram) story to offend his faith(Allahu Akbah).TMZ are Bloody Zionists! Zayn Malik will have his revenge against Harvey Jew.

You Don't Know

Did I really just read this crap? This is news?

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Cute....animals over people anyday

A

I am not sure if any of the TMZ staff actually read the comments section, but I implore someone to read this and take it seriously. "Micro-pigs" are a myth; it's a tactic breeders use to swindle buyers by inflating the price of piglets. ALL pigs look the same when they are babies and so potential buyers are none the wiser. It is unconscionable for an 80 lb. potbelly pig that is normal in height and weight (as Yuma appears to be) to lose 35 lbs. For example, it is totally unreasonable to tell a man who is 6'0 and weighs 190 lbs. that he must weigh 140 lbs.! I love TMZ and I love Y & R, but I am appalled that Kevin would be such an irresponsible pig owner. I hope he has consulted a vet who specializes in pigs and/or farm animals and that he reconsiders putting his pig's health at risk in order to make money. Poor Yuma :(

01void

And they say there's a shortage of bacon, now I no why.

Ozzie X

Now TMZ is reporting about pigs. Oh wait already do that, including your staff.

Noog

Awe... cute piggy. oink oink

Maire

Am I the only one, or does that mark ober the pigs back look like the shape of Africa? It's almost too perfect.

*Who Carez Bitch*

Hey Yuma what's Shaking Bacon LMFAO,😜

Roundisnotsquare

But TMZ, what I really need to know is if this pig prefers KFC or Popeye's, because the pig in the story above prefers Popeye's.

VegasPigPets

Please get me in touch with him! He could be a great educator for our pig community if he had the corre ct information! She is not fat or overweight, they grow for up to 5 years! There is nothing wrong with her but information like this promotes ignorant people to run out and buy one! Please Kevin, I hope you read this, please contact any potbelly pig rescue and help us educate the public!

All-star

Dude, that's some hillbilly's wife! Show some respect.

TuxThePenguin

that pig is much better looking than that other one, than Kim K.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments