'American Idol' Josh Gracin

Blames Wife

8/14/2014 4:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_josh_gracin_twitter
update_graphic_red_bar
7:40 PM PDT --
Cops tell us Gracin is being held on a 5150 psychiatric hold. We're told he drove himself to a hospital, with a police escort, after they pulled him over. He's been cooperative, has spoken to his family ... and is being evaluated by doctors now.

5:33 PM PDT --
We're told cops intercepted Gracin on his way home and all they'll say is, "He's safe."
update_grey_gray_bar
'American Idol'
 Season 2 finalist Josh Gracin had neighbors and police racing to his door ... after posting what looked like a suicide note in the wake of marital problems.

We're told cops responded to the former Marine's home in Spring Hill, TN -- where he lives with his wife and 4 kids -- for a welfare check after a family member saw an ominous Facebook post:

"I've loved her for 17 years ... I made mistakes ... I admitted them, told her the truth and she turned her back on me when I needed her help the most."

He continued, "Please remember me as someone who gave his all in his music ... Pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me. Goodbye."

Cops rushed to his house -- his wife was there but he wasn't. Law enforcement sources tell us police got in touch with him by phone, put him on with his wife, and he told her he was coming home.

Cops are staying at the home until Josh arrives.

Story developing ...

0814_josh_gracin_post_facebook2

FRECKLES

You have everything to do with this , not your wife and your kids. Coward!!!

whitegurlhitter

Black folk kill each other wite folk kill themselves which one has a better chance?

Jayne

Drama.

MGFunk

DRAMA KING!!

cher

If this is true. I hope he gets the help he needs to get better for himself and his kids. My Thoughts and Prayers going out for you!!!

Jill

If you are really going to kill yourself, you dont put fake notes out there.

@MsPrinceSanchez

According to his twitter account (tweet by his manager) he is now with his family.

Roxiflor72

What a *****!

Cherokee

Now hes really in trouble with the ole lady...lol

Roxiflor72

What a pu$$ y!!

Clyde T.M. Nestra

I think they responded appropriately because that certainly does read like a suicide note. People in the know have always said you have to take these things seriously. If someone is thinking about killing themselves, they are in danger of following through.

jimmy d

Not to get to far from this,but i just farted on my dogs head.Amen

shanice

He's a good guy. I remember he put on a benefit concert for a young girl who was killed in a car accident a few years ago, which was kind of him. I think it's wrong to judge him, he paid his debt to our country by serving in the USMC. Hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

sevotery

Manipulative twerp. Please remember me as someone who gave his all in his music.. um no buddy you won't remembered at all for your music just the guy who offed himself because he was cranky with his wife and that Robin Williams died a few days earlier and he was more liked.

ladyvil

He's a jerk for posting something like this!!