For every epidemic, you'll find someone trying to make a quick buck, and now some hucksters are capitalizing on the Zika scare by flooding the market with "lifesaving" swag.
At least 6 people filed legal docs to lock down merchandising rights for Zika prevention kits. The products are all about mosquito repellents, including:
- Zika Shield: mosquito nets; particularly nets adapted to be mounted onto an umbrella
- Zika Screen: insect screens for use in building construction
- Zika Trap: insect traps
- Bye Bye Zika: mosquito repellent coils
- Anti Zika: cedar wood for use as an insect repellent; insect repellent tags for pets; mosquito repellent incense
- Zika Band: insect repellent wristband
Judge all you want ... there's a good chance these quick thinkers will rake in the dough.