Nick Young came thiiiis close to losing his hand in a stupid fireworks accident ... when the NBA star picked up a tube holding a lit artillery shell ... and it exploded while he was holding it.
It all went down at Nick's massive 4th of July party at his L.A. home -- when Nick saw the lit fuse ... and thought it would be fun if he set it off while holding it over his head.
Lucky for Nick, he escaped from the situation unscathed ... but it was a verrrrry close call.
The whole situation is eerily similar to the story Jason Pierre-Paul told in his PSA where he describes the moment he blew up his hand in a July 4th fireworks accident.
Careful Nick, now that Iggy's out of the picture ... you're probably gonna need that hand.
Waiting for your permission to load the comments.