Katharine McPhee -- Wonder Woman?

8/28/2006 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Composite of Katherine McPhee and Wonder Woman costumeAfter enduring bronchitis, laryngitis and a fractured foot, Katharine McPhee emerged triumphant during her performance Saturday on the American Idols Live Tour at LA's Staples Center.

But vocal skills aside, we've learned Kat's big star turn may be on the big screen.

A well-placed source tells TMZ that Kat, who has the same theatrical manager as another ailment-prone hottie, Lindsay Lohan, is one of the lucky ladies up for the highly coveted lead role in the big-screen adaptation of "Wonder Woman."

Everyone from Sandra Bullock to Kate Beckinsale has been rumored to be in the running for the starring role in the movie, which will be directed by Joss Whedon, who created "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

While it's up in the air if she will be sporting those trademark red boots, tights and bracelets, you will still be able to see Kat wearing a lot less very soon.

TMZ has learned that Katharine, who has struggled with bulimia, will appear on the cover of an upcoming issue of Shape magazine, wearing a bathing suit. Now in a much healthier place, McPhee will show off her killer curves for all the world to see.

With all the prospects in her future, and despite coming in second on "Idol," It looks like Kat is no one-hit wonder, Justin Guarini be damned!

Doctorsofpopculture

McPhee is beautiful. She'll look great in a swimsuit.

Doctorsofpopculture

Katherine would be great as wonder woman. Anyone but Linsday Lohan!!

Michelle

What about Katie Holmes?

trish

Is there such a shortage of real talent in Hollywood that they have to consider a nontalented singer/actor such as McPhee to play our beloved Wonder Woman?

C-Ray

DPC have some serious issues, but I won't get into that

Kat would be a good choice as WW, but I think the role should go to an unknown star that could good in Hollywood. Well-known actresses in superheroine rolls (Catwoman, Elektra...need I go on?) flopped big time, despite the hype. I mean Tobey Maguire was somebody I didn't even know, and he went on to being one of the most talked-about stars in Hollywood after Spider-Man. Brandon Routh played Superman this summer (didn't know who he was, and HE became big). All I'm saying is that if the directors were smart, they would get someone who has "Hollywood" written all over herself, yet she's does have a stable fanbase.

JM

A great looking choice for Wonder Woman...but can she act?

Erica Frantz

Not a fan of McPhee. I feel like she times all of her revelations about food for whenever she needs some press. It's kind of pathetic.

Jeff

You got to be kicking me!!!

Originalkat

Well place source? That is so funny. Evidently it is the promo machine that has been working on getting her face and name out there since she came in second. Same theatrical manager as LL? That is even funnier.
By contract she us under Production 19 and they own her name and image. Possibly they are approving her to do these things since her cd had such bad sales. She probalby does lean towards the "acting" a lot better.
Now let's use common sense for a change....the money that is going into "Wonder Woman" is going to be alot. With that at stake among other things they will be choosing a known actress.
If you go outside the American Idol fans she is really not in that status. In fact I know several people who have never heard of her eeven though her "theatrical manager" has made sure to put her on everything he can find.
I think you are just passing on rumor that has been put out there. Has anyone heard anything from the ones putting out the movie directly? Putting your name in the hat to tryout for the part and really being thought of for the part is totally different. I am sure she will be in a movie we have heard of at some point...connections are connections..she'll hit the right one soon.

chrissy

i love wonder woman , i always have and i cant wait until the movie comes out, but i wont watch it of lindsay lohan gets the part! and i dont think katherine should be wonder woman either bad choices!! it should be an unknown star i totally agree with #4

Tyler

Wonder Women would never be caught eating food then throwing it up in a bathroom 10 minutes later so please say it ain't so Pa' . . . just say it ain't so!

I mean she is cute and all that but Wonder Women she is not cause what kind of message would be sent 2 the little young ladies of the world? Not good and not a good look.

amelia

Puleez...let's get someone in the part that will do Lynda Carter justice. That would be like putting Jessica Simpson in the role of the Bionic Woman!

april

McPhee as wonder woman yeah right! thankfully or hopefully wonder woman will NOT be singing!! I'm suprised she lasted as long as she did on idol! I sure as heck didn't vote for her!! Anytime they quit talking about her all the sudden she is bulimic blah blah blah. yeah right. sorry mcphee your 15 minutes are over!!!

sam

TMZ your "well-placed source" is wrong.

Josh Whedon has already said he'll pick an unknown actress so no preconceptions will be applied to his Wonder Woman character. Sorry she's too exposed for what he's looking for. And it won't be Lohan or Simpson either. TMZ should read his site and find out what's really going on. Or get new sources.

Teilah

Who knows what will happen with the Wonder Woman part. I'm a huge McPhee fan and think she's absolutely beautiful. Although I know she has a strong interest in acting, I haven't had a chance to see her in anything yet. Bottom line - if she acts anything like she sings, we are in for a treat! :)

These superhero movies are a hit or miss these days with a lot of hype. I would prefer Kat chose something more low key to break into acting and get her feet wet first. I suspect this is more rumor than anything. I also heard Kat is being considered for a part in the movie version of the musical WICKED - that would be a much better match. Glad to read she has another magazine cover coming out. One thing is for sure, the camera loves her and so do her fans!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments